Lewis Miley: "unlikely to feature before end of season" (Hope)

Ronson333

35 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Looks good going forward, the combination of our 3 in midfield cannot work together though and none of them are particularly helpful when helping out the defence.

I take your point, but he was scrapping well today. Most combative I've seen him.

First half he played a perfect ball to Barnes out wide, even Barnes didn’t think it was going to stay in. The lad for a 17 year old has got fantastic passing range. He’ll fill out in the next couple of years and with his height and technical ability, we’ve got a real gem.

Edited by Ronson333

He was superb, composed and the part of his game which was great to see was the physical side, seemed to win a lot of tackles and was nicking the ball in crucial situations 

He picked up decent spaces in that second half just ahead of Bruno but it was annoying instead of playing him in Bruno would try to take on one world, the rest of the players need to trust him more, he's shown he's very capable 

Said before that I reckon his long term position might be as a #6.

Excellent in tight spaces, rarely gets caught in possession.

Once he fills out a bit I reckon he'll be a bit of unit too.

it would be interesting to see how he’d get on with Joelinton and Bruno around him .. as opposed to Longstaff .. or with Tonali. Defo one for our future this lad 

Edited by dave s

Probably his best game for us. Read the game a lot better from that position and passing was great. Still should be a year or two from being a first team regular but loads of potential.

As much as him having to play hasnt been great for us it could pay off long term. 

Hope we get to see Miley with Tonali and Bruno in the prem. Might never happen but even Brunos replacement and both Joe's back healthy we will hopefully be back to having some strong options in midfield to play with.

Edited by toontownman

He's already surpassed Longstaff for me - I think we should move Longstaff on should we need to balance out the books. This guy Tonali and Bruno could be a very exciting trio

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

When Willock comes back we should move Mikey to the right and drop Sean. 

No. Miley hasnt the legs yet for that role and can't read to cut out the passing channels yet. He's still a load if potential and that potential may not come to fruition, His performances would be viewed differently if he were older, they are viewed differently because if his age.

in a couple years this lad will be the upgrade to Longstaff we need without having to buy anyone. for now we just need Tonali playing, and Joelinton and Willock fit 

Edited by dave s

18 minutes ago, madras said:

No. Miley hasnt the legs yet for that role and can't read to cut out the passing channels yet. He's still a load if potential and that potential may not come to fruition, His performances would be viewed differently if he were older, they are viewed differently because if his age.

It's worth trying imo. Miley has done the Longstaff offensive runs to get into good positions loads of times, particularly that period when Miley played in Longstaffs position while Longstaff was on the left, so it seems he's well aware of the instructions and pattern of plays required by Howe. The question is how the team functions without Longstaffs mythical impact nobody can quite point out what is except that he runs a long distance over the course of a game which must be good.

Edited by Conjo

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

It's worth trying imo. Miley has done the Longstaff offensive runs to get into good positions loads of times, particularly that period when Miley played in Longstaffs position while Longstaff was on the left, so it seems he's well aware of the instructions and pattern of plays required by Howe. The question is how the team functions without Longstaffs mythical impact nobody can quite point out what is except that he runs a long distance over the course of a game which must be good.

That's when I thought Miley was at his worst off the ball and we were passed through repeatedly.