Lewis Miley

Ronson333

3 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

He was rumored to be offered for loan late in the summer window, it was a good call to keep him. Imagine if we didn’t have him with the current injury situation. 

Not sure what those rumours were based on because Howe made it clear early in the summer that Miley was too young to be exposed to a loan and that he would be around the first team squad

Obviously the intention would not have been for him to play this much but he's shown he very much belongs at this level. With players back fit we can be more selective with his development 

3 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

He was rumored to be offered for loan late in the summer window, it was a good call to keep him. Imagine if we didn’t have him with the current injury situation. 

That was his brother

11 hours ago, TRon said:

I didn't think he did particularly well until we got the second goal, after that Bruno was back to his best as well, despite having a stinker in the first half.

All three midfielders were awful in the first half.  Bar Longstaff's goal they could have all sat the half out and it wouldn't have been too noticeable.  In the second half, and more so after the second goal, they started to impose themselves a lot more and they all looked a lot better.  Miley started showing up everywhere in the last quarter of the game and looked pretty good.

Bruno, Longstaff, Miley as a midfield doesn't work but it's all we really have available unless we want to start shoehorning less suitable players in there.

I didn't think he was very good. He's got quick feet and excellent decision making, great at passing. He needs to learn how to be available to receive the ball. Longstaff has a similar problem. When we're under a tight press, neither are available to receive the ball. It looked like Bruno vs the world last night in the midfield, it was a very difficult game for him. 

He just needs more games, more experience and I think at a lower level it would be easier for him to fill in this part of his game without being punished so quickly. The more he gets on the ball, the better for us because when he's got it, he's great. 

11 hours ago, TRon said:

I didn't think he did particularly well until we got the second goal, after that Bruno was back to his best as well, despite having a stinker in the first half.

Fulham’s heads dropped and so did their press after the second.  We were more confident, but Fulham definitely helped

1 minute ago, HawK said:

I didn't think he was very good. He's got quick feet and excellent decision making, great at passing. He needs to learn how to be available to receive the ball. Longstaff has a similar problem. When we're under a tight press, neither are available to receive the ball. It looked like Bruno vs the world last night in the midfield, it was a very difficult game for him. 

He just needs more games, more experience and I think at a lower level it would be easier for him to fill in this part of his game without being punished so quickly. The more he gets on the ball, the better for us because when he's got it, he's great. 

100% - that’s where I was with his performance too.  Surprised at how many thought he was outstanding.  The lad has technical ability, and he’s very, very young so hopefully he’ll develop in the coming years.  Incredible where he is at this age - but he’s not at this level yet. 

6 minutes ago, HawK said:

I think this is a huge point tbh and one I've probably noticed but not been able to put my finger on. When Bruno has the ball and being pressed, the options to release it quickly are very limited. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Thought he was excellent last night, he’s second to Bruno at playing through balls in the squad, at 17. Ridiculous

The vision to see the pass - you can't train that.

Edited by duo

I think he's getting over-hyped if I'm being honest.   He's a promising talent at 17 and does the basics really well but we won't know how good he'll be for a few years.   He needs to fill out and currently seems a bit one paced

Hopefully the limelight won't change him, it doesn't look like it will so encouraging signs but every time he farts the commentary is how nice if smells

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Signed a new long term contract 󠀠 well done lad

Hope he got good advice. I’m sure what he was offered would have been a massive jump from what he has been on, easy to have your head turned by that. As I would also guess that his new deal is mikes away from Longstaff or Joelinton. Possibly similar to Anderson? 

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I think he's getting over-hyped if I'm being honest.   He's a promising talent at 17 and does the basics really well but we won't know how good he'll be for a few years.   He needs to fill out and currently seems a bit one paced

Hopefully the limelight won't change him, it doesn't look like it will so encouraging signs but every time he farts the commentary is how nice if smells

:2funny:

Delighted with that

I feel he's been playing quite 'safe' recently and would love to see the shackles come off him in the next few years as I think he's got huge potential. Hoping that will come with more confidence, experience and good coaching

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Delighted with that

I feel he's been playing quite 'safe' recently and would love to see the shackles come off him in the next few years as I think he's got huge potential. Hoping that will come with more confidence, experience and good coaching

Yes, definitely. His best bits are when he's adventurous.