Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Getting all our bad luck out of the way for next weekend.

All goals conceded and out of the way, all missed chances out of the way, suspensions/sendings off out of the way.

My lucky Toon shirt which was draining a bit is getting a good fucking wash to wash out all the bad luck.

Was just telling the wife this whilst she ignores me. Everything going wrong today so that next week we’re at it 

Edited by andyc35i
Was*

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

All of them have 3 players capable of playing as a striker except us. We’ve got a perennially crocked Callum and Isak who is brand new to English football. We’re woefully light compared to our competitors and you know it.

Obviously we are light compared to top six but not really at striker. Gordon and ASM are just as capable of playing up front that the players you are refusing to list. The title contenders have Ekitike and Alvarez as second choices who are hardly more experienced than Isak and I have no idea who their third strikers even are.

Ffs will people stop whinging about the transfer window, we brought in some highly rated young players, moved on some high wage dead wood, (Shelvey was shit for the majority of his time here, stop pretending differently) and we have stayed within FFP, we will spend again in the summer and are still within a chance of Europe and are in a cup final next week.

You would of thought after 15 years of shite we would have learned some patience 

Just now, Pata said:

Obviously we are light compared to top six but not really at striker. Gordon and ASM are just as capable of playing up front that the players you are refusing to list. The title contenders have Ekitike and Alvarez as second choices who are hardly more experienced than Isak and I have no idea who their third strikers even are.

Don’t bother mate.  It’s a ludicrous argument - our ‘competitors’ have had years to build up expensive squads.  We’ve had three windows to change a team who were relegation certs.  The problem is people thinking that being top four with half a season to play means you’re nailed on if you spend money that you can’t actually spend.