Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

If can get 1, we’ll kick on from there. We’ve been good for the most part, just a brain fart few mins, similar to Liverpool.. few of them walking a tightrope, we need to expose it and run at them.

Big halftime talk for Howe.. 

I don’t want to be a negative cunt but what is the story with Howe and Isak? At this stage Isak should be totally integrated into our starting 11. He cost us £65m ffs. Yet he’s watching the game on the bench. What is going on? Wilson is totally off form and Isak still can’t get in. 

Casemiro’s reputation after 6 months in England is greater than his all time great run in Madrid. Weird. 

Kante isn’t really a DM but he’s the best ball winner ever probably. Busquets is the best at what he did but that would only work at Barcelona style systems. Casemiro has always been a more rounded player who would perform better in many other styles of team and now he’s proving it. 

Is Schar concussed? He’s one of those CBS who gets beaten in the air fairly frequently and I’ve always hated that. He’s been elite this season but get me another 6’4 CB or one with the Ramos/Silva type leap. 

Think we've played well, just man u better in final 3rd at the moment. Bit worried about Schar. didn't look right to me and he was man marking casemiro for their first goal. 

Weve had more possession, more shots and more passes.. I hope the lads comw raring out 2nd half.

Maybe Schar should come off, burn to CB and targett as LB if he could manage a half. 

6 minutes ago, loki679 said:

We haven't made enough chances.  Just look lacking in creativity and bite up front.

Just been our story for the past month or so. Not menacing at all when attacking. Plenty of the ball in their half but not doing anything with it. Have a fucking shot at goal and see where it may end up. Apart from that ASM shot  De Gea might as well be snoring that 1st half.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Casemiro’s reputation after 6 months in England is greater than his all time great run in Madrid. Weird. 

Kante isn’t really a DM but he’s the best ball winner ever probably. Busquets is the best at what he did but that would only work at Barcelona style systems. Casemiro has always been a more rounded player who would perform better in many other styles of team and now he’s proving it. 

Is Schar concussed? He’s one of those CBS who gets beaten in the air fairly frequently and I’ve always hated that. He’s been elite this season but get me another 6’4 CB or one with the Ramos/Silva type leap. 

Yeah I don't think Schar is right. Is no surprise we've had two goals in since he had his head injury and he shook his head quite knowingly just after. 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'd bring Isak on for Longstaff and go 4-2-2-2, and maybe swap Burn for Targett, get some backup for ASM on that left hand side.

I would bring him on for Almiron. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Felt this for a few weeks. He played it safe a couple of times when he had a 1v1. A couple of weeks ago he’d have cut in and shot. it’s an area we could do with an upgrade if we’re going to compete at the top level. 

I feel we’ve got an upgrade on the bench with isak- just go for it now