Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

The Comms were like "it's all gone silent here at Elland Road" and I'm thinking yeah apart from that absolute din being made in the corner. Nice to hear the Blaydon Races being belted out too!

On 14/05/2023 at 11:51, pedro111 said:

The Comms were like "it's all gone silent here at Elland Road" and I'm thinking yeah apart from that absolute din being made in the corner. Nice to hear the Blaydon Races being belted out too!

can't keep up with the blaydon races anymore.

i'm sure most of them dont even pronounce/finish any of the words before they're on to the next!

its shite, especially as it should rival the likes of YNWA for spine tingling atmosphere.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

i'm sure most of them dont even pronounce/finish any of the words before they're on to the next!

its shite, especially as it should rival the likes of YNWA for spine tingling atmosphere.

I agree but the "TO SEE THE BLAYDON RACES" bit is still epic even at the fast pace.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

We’re at the stage where we need a campaign to sort it out. Not just that song but all the others. Weirdly “This club is my club” seems to be an exception, and is sung at the correct pace.

@Heron i knows you are mainly flags etc but cant you organise something along the lines of a massive pre-game sing along where the words are printed out and left on seats - even just every other seat - and the dj's been given a decent version of BR to play.

14 hours ago, Rafalove said:

We’re at the stage where we need a campaign to sort it out. Not just that song but all the others. Weirdly “This club is my club” seems to be an exception, and is sung at the correct pace.

I'd advocate the club introducing a policy where you're only allowed to sing if you test negative for toot

It's no coincidence that over recent years the speed of songs has increased at the same rate as the queues for the cubicles 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Wor Songs definitely has potential as a spin-off group. People in each part of the ground trying to start and maintain chants. 

Can image it would need to be different people though, these people are already doing a lot of work. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

16 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Need the Felling Choir imo.

or The Shamen.

are they still going - the could probabaly keep up with the blaydon races as its sung now.

7 hours ago, huss9 said:

@Heron i knows you are mainly flags etc but cant you organise something along the lines of a massive pre-game sing along where the words are printed out and left on seats - even just every other seat - and the dj's been given a decent version of BR to play.

Pre match corteo displays/walks have resurfaced on our WhatsApp chat, the pre and post match music on tannoy too, as has all the concerns you chaps have regarding to the songs being sang and what pace. However, it's difficult to find consensus on the best way to (hopefully) implement something that re-educates folk of the songs od the past, how they should be sung and potentially generating new songs.

It's difficult to 'pick' a bar that is quiet on a matchday nowadays...we also don't want to discourage fans from other bars as many are now doing all they can to improve the match day atmosphere themselves through their own entertainment or the sale of Wor Beer. For me, personally, a stadium effort also detracts from local businesses and maybe feels a bit less organic. So a few things to consider across the board.

Definitely agree though that the song book and how it's sung needs reinvigorated

Edited by Heron

7 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

If in doubt lads lets just get Eddie Howes black and white army bouncing off all corners of ground....HWTL

That or TOON! TOON! Black and white army, both work equally well, and if thundering around the ground could cause Brighton to collapse under the lights.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

My river seemed to prioritise the commentators voices over crowd noise, made it seem subdued throughout.

Glad to hear fans played their part today:indi:

Same. For the most part I was just happy the fans didn’t transmit any nerves to the players.

Was sat bang on the half way line in the Milburn and was looking forward to seeing how it really is, and not from the perspective of being in the thick of it.

Wow is all I’ll say. Fucking class. Loud as fuck at times. United are back.