Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

There's an argument for playing no music at all after the game, just let the crowd take over.

Shouldn't even be an argument it should be a given. The fans should dictate any celebrations. 

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Because I want to be able to enjoy the achievements of the season and show appreciation to the players and management without music fucking obliterating my ear drums tbh.

His input has not been conducive to any form of atmosphere this season. I'd rather hear the CL anthem at an actual CL match. 

Seems really tinpot otherwise.

Well being old enough to recall being there when we played it last at SJP I’m pretty sure it lasts less than a minute so would be over before the players had finished shaking hands if he did play it lightheartedly 🙂

The usual drill if anything like previous years including last year will be family and owners joining players for lap of honour and giant selfie at Gallowgate end so you’ll have plenty of time to show your appreciation unless you are planning on rushing off at the final whistle.

It’s just a bit fun. Hardly tinpot or to be taken serious. I say this as someone who agrees post match music is too loud and at times the DJ should read the room/stadium/occasion. Lighten up a bit 🙂

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't think they'd play the Champions League music but could definitely see something like Rotterdam or Que Sera again. 

Probably all 3 knowing our DJ 🤣

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well being old enough to recall being there when we played it last at SJP I’m pretty sure it lasts less than a minute so would be over before the players had finished shaking hands if he did play it lightheartedly 🙂

The usual drill if anything like previous years including last year will be family and owners joining players for lap of honour and giant selfie at Gallowgate end so you’ll have plenty of time to show your appreciation unless you are planning on rushing off at the final whistle.

It’s just a bit fun. Hardly tinpot or to be taken serious. I say this as someone who agrees post match music is too loud and at times the DJ should read the room/stadium/occasion. Lighten up a bit 🙂

I'll be there till I'm kicked out like every game I attend so I've no issue there tbh.

Maybe I'm getting more miserable with age but I find him grating announcing the team, announcing the goal scorer, "enjoy the game":suicide:, and now his favourite go to of playing music loud as fuck to drown out the fans actually trying to have a good time.

Not sure the length of the track has any bearing on me thinking it would be tinpot mind[emoji38]

He's going to do it if we win so if you're there, enjoy it! And know I'll be sitting in the gallowgate in a minute long huff[emoji38]:indi:

54 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'll be there till I'm kicked out like every game I attend so I've no issue there tbh.

Maybe I'm getting more miserable with age but I find him grating announcing the team, announcing the goal scorer, "enjoy the game":suicide:, and now his favourite go to of playing music loud as fuck to drown out the fans actually trying to have a good time.

Not sure the length of the track has any bearing on me thinking it would be tinpot mind[emoji38]

He's going to do it if we win so if you're there, enjoy it! And know I'll be sitting in the gallowgate in a minute long huff[emoji38]:indi:

I’m probably not that dissimilar to you TBH 🙂👍🏻 I’ve learned though if you can’t have a little bit of lighthearted fun at the end of a season like this when can you 🤷‍♂️ It’s been crazy and with a bit of luck Monday COULD be truly amazing 🤞🏻🕺 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

I find the most grating thing about the DJ, the ridiculous amount of time he takes with the birthday shouts at half-time, one recent game, he went on and on and on, was actually quite funny, as if he was never going to stop and might continue whilst the second-half continued!

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

Still haven’t got my voice back from Thursday. Other than gargling jizz, any secret remedies anyone wants to share?

Gargle tcp (dilute with warm water), its rank and you’ll smell super medical but works!

Just now, vicente_14 said:

I find the most grating thing about the DJ, the ridiculous amount of time he takes with the birthday shouts at half-time, one recent game, he went on and on and on, was actually quite funny, as if he was never going to stop and might continue whilst the second-half continued!

Btw, I don't hate the bloke even though it sounds like I do.

Someone just needs to supervise him and that volume knob [emoji38]

So if we lose on Monday and we don't hear the DJ play the CL anthem.. at least we know someone in the crowd will be happy inside !

Unless he plays the Europa League anthem... Now that would really boil my chips!  

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So if we lose on Monday and we don't hear the DJ play the CL anthem.. at least we know someone in the crowd will be happy inside

Knowing how out of touch the DJ is, he'll play it irrespective.

The fucking bedlam after the 4th goal was absurd. You can tell on tv by the limbs, also helped by the Brighton defender booting the ball into the sky. But that was absolutely amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I thought he did delay the music on Thursday a bit to be fair, I was thinking someone might have had a word. 

yeah he did, probably unintentionally knowing him :lol: gallowgate speakers were back to being at deafening levels n’all.

him and his tory voice need moving on in the Summer, there’s no other way unfortunately.

atmosphere was great on Thursday and it’ll no doubt be class tomorrow! in spite of DJ red pants 

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

The thing that grates on me the most is when he's reading the team out and he gets to Bruno's name and goes "number 39, BRUNOOOOOOOO"

Like, fuck off you doyle!

Edit: Sorry, just seen others mention it. I hadn't read that far.

Edited by Scoot

1 hour ago, Big River said:

yeah he did, probably unintentionally knowing him :lol: gallowgate speakers were back to being at deafening levels n’all.

him and his tory voice need moving on in the Summer, there’s no other way unfortunately.

atmosphere was great on Thursday and it’ll no doubt be class tomorrow! in spite of DJ red pants 

:lol:

As for moving him on, I've no burning desire to see that - he's been the voice over the speakers for absolutely ages now; I was watching some of @Toontimes' YouTube uploads of noughties Match of the Day's the other day, and it's the same fella reading the teamsheets out.

The music right on FT is shit but the main issue is just the deafening volume. Ironic that in all that's happened in my lifetime, that is the only thing I've ever written directly to the club about. :lol:

The thing about blaring Hey Baby or Pretty Green Eyes at the end is even if he's correct that the crowd want to sing along with the original, we only have player specific lyrics for ten seconds of the chorus, so for the rest of the time you're standing around awkwardly, unable to sing any toon songs because youre drowned out by meandering verses about how DJ Otzi wants to get knuckle deep in some lass he's creeping on in the street. 

As for the volume, it's fine in the East Stand which makes me think our speakers are fucked and they have to turn up all the other stands so it reaches us. 

We never sing Blaydon Races, wish is a shame. I learned that song shortly after I went to first game when was 11. Was sung a lot in my childhood/early 20's.

Still think overall we are one of the strongest supports in the league. We can definitely improve but we do give good backing overall.

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

We never sing Blaydon Races, wish is a shame. I learned that song shortly after I went to first game when was 11. Was sung a lot in my childhood/early 20's.

Still think overall we are one of the strongest supports in the league. We can definitely improve but we do give good backing overall.

We do and we don't. When it's sung it's often butchered with people not knowing the words and sang at Makina pace.