Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

It was class at times today like. Spell in the second half with the full ground singing.

Also the Strawberry Corner singing Eddie Howe’s Black n White Army for 5 mins after the match as the players walked round. 

UTM. 

It just needed a goal to really lift it another level. There was a big build up even 10mins before kick off, just a shame we couldn't get one to go in, think it would have really lifted off then.

Fair do’s, from watching it on the TV, it sounded the best I have heard it in a long time for that first 20 minutes. Tailed off after that but at least it never went quiet for this one.

Edited by Wandy

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

It was class at times today like. Spell in the second half with the full ground singing.

Also the Strawberry Corner singing Eddie Howe’s Black n White Army for 5 mins after the match as the players walked round. 

UTM. 

Was most of the Gallowgate at the end TBF. Players clearly appreciated it.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Was most of the Gallowgate at the end TBF. Players clearly appreciated it.

It was class like. Think the Gallowgate as a whole was great today, joining in with loads.

Love that “sing your hearts out for the lads” got an airing. Rarely hear it now but was always sang when I started going years ago. 

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Aye, loved that today. The speakers in the Gallowgate being completely off helped.

My primary reflection after the final whistle was that the atmosphere was the best it’s been all season because that fucking enjoy the game nonce didn’t play his shit music on 11. You could actually hear the fans supporting the team.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

My primary reflection after the final whistle was that the atmosphere was the best it’s been all season because that fucking enjoy the game nonce didn’t play his shit music on 11. You could actually hear the fans supporting the team.

I think it’s more because the speakers were fucked tbh. About ten mins before kick off they went quiet as owt in the Gallowgate.

I would love us to play Thunderstruck every game moving forward and fuck Scouse Hey Jude off. 

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I think it’s more because the speakers were fucked tbh. About ten mins before kick off they went quiet as owt in the Gallowgate.

I would love us to play Thunderstruck every game moving forward and fuck Scouse Hey Jude off. 

I’m very ambivalent about pre match music. I’d probably go with a couple of build up tunes and then let the crowd do it. Post match, particularly when we win, leave the music off and let the crowd congratulate/appreciate/support the team. He’s a typical shite wedding DJ, thinks it’s all about him.

43 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Thunderstruck is much better and with local ties makes it unique to us. 

Loudest I can remember until they scored. Got bit flat at times after that but it did managed to pick it up again. 

Still pissed at thousands streaming out at full time, its a bank holiday you can all wait for 5 mins to clap the team off. Corner were amazing again, if we can get another signing section going somewhere else should be bouncing next season. 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Loudest I can remember until they scored. Got bit flat at times after that but it did managed to pick it up again. 

Still pissed at thousands streaming out at full time, its a bank holiday you can all wait for 5 mins to clap the team off. Corner were amazing again, if we can get another signing section going somewhere else should be bouncing next season. 

Aye, still think NW corner level 4 has great potential if the will was there. Near the away fans and would hopefully improve the atmosphere in Leazes end significantly.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

38th minute as well there was loads heading down.

I get that it’s shit waiting ages for a pint, and it gives you about 5 minutes to drink it, but fucking hell surely the point of going to the match is to get behind the lads and “enjoy the game”?

Really good yesterday, did go a little flat during the game but it was a massively intense duel with only small differences being the key. 

If we could have just nabbed a goal....

Damn

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

The lads in the LEC corner are just as good IMO, there's fewer of them but they constantly keep the noise going.

There were loads around me in the Gallowgate that fucked off after Schar put in his own net.  

Don’t come back if you can’t handle going two goals down.

49 minutes ago, Sima said:

There were loads around me in the Gallowgate that fucked off after Schar put in his own net.  

Aye that’s shite there was loads of time left. I had to take the bairn to the toilet on 89 mins but we still came back to our seats to watch the end and applaud the lads off.

On 08/05/2023 at 11:33, Sima said:

Its fucking pathetic, leaving on 36 mins and 82 mins to get a seat in the fucking beehive or somewhere. Should be clapping lads off afyer performances this year.

43 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Its fucking pathetic, leaving on 36 mins and 82 mins to get a seat in the fucking beehive or somewhere. Should be clapping lads off afyer performances this year.

Anyone leaving before the 90mins is up should have to go back through the turnstiles before leaving ground. If a certain criteria met just notify them their STs/Memberships are not available for renewal 🙂

Agree about people leaving. It was a good performance, I'm sure that pint can wait an extra 5 minutes, clap them off and enjoy your bank holiday.

The atmosphere just prior to the teams coming out when EIEIEIO was bouncing round the ground with the sun shining was magic, like. Shame we didn't get the result but I actually enjoyed it nonetheless.

If we start like that against Brighton & Leicester we will have no bother, especially the latter.

Hopefully this safe standing trial goes well and we can have another in Leazes L4. Will help the atmosphere bounce round a lot more.

Always wondered how there's a coordinated effort at Old Trafford, Liverpool, Leeds & others to get full stands standing for the duration of (maybe big?) games. I think even Arsenal & Man City have large sections that stand.

Standing improves atmosphere a lot, although not sure of the logic to it.