"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

Enjoyed this episode very much. An interesting section about Callum and his background.

Once again, I'm struck by the way our owners are hooked passionately into every aspect of the club - from fans to high finance. It all seems quite genuine.

5 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Enjoyed this episode very much. An interesting section about Callum and his background.

Once again, I'm struck by the way our owners are hooked passionately into every aspect of the club - from fans to high finance. It all seems quite genuine.

I honestly believe it is genuine. Yes there is a business to run but the one thing we’ve ached for is someone to love us again. They do. They get us. What struck me last night after we watched episode one was Amanda talking about the feeling she got when entering St James’  park for the 1st time. I had that feeling all those years ago when we played Leeds at home 96/97 season. I fell in love. They have too.  They have recognised the passion in the fan base and want to bottle it up and ship it around the world. I believe they will. It is infectious. We have a manager that wants yo play an exciting and entertaining brand of football (another nod to KK). The whole thing is destined to go meteoric. And it will! The futures bright, the futures black and white! 

:smitten:

A lot is made of Howe’s man management, but after this doc I genuinely think you’d come out of a five minute conversation with Staveley feeling about 20 foot tall. 

I know it’s a puff piece and stage managed, but I come out of every episode just wanting a cuddle and to be called angel :lol:

1 minute ago, christ said:

A lot is made of Howe’s man management, but after this doc I genuinely think you’d come out of a five minute conversation with Staveley feeling about 20 foot tall. 

I know it’s a puff piece and stage managed, but I come out of every episode just wanting a cuddle and to be called angel :lol:

Think she’s totally genuine :love:

Enjoyed ep 3. More insight into Callum Wilson and Wor Flags was great.

Still concerned about the growth needed in our fan base to improve revenue but as the Wor Flags bloke said, not at the expense of what we have already. 

The little lad talking about missing the football during summer took me back 50 years. We need to harness kids like him, he's the future fan I want at SJP. 

Episode 3 was incredible. Best by far. Lot more focus on football - the story about Callum’s upbringing is great to see given how far he has come and how hard he has worked to become what he is today. I urge everyone here to watch the interview he did with Ian Wright on YouTube last year and he goes far more in depth.

Really glad to see the focus on Wor Flags and Graham in particular. I used to be on the same row as him in the Strawberry Corner and he is an absolute legend. For all the attention seekers on social media etc, it's great to see the folks who do things for all the right reasons get the spotlight. 

A great episode, Eddie's speech before the Man Utd game was a real highlight! But I still think there could have been more structure to the series as a whole. It just seems to wander off in all directions.

Proper minor gripe, but there were so many times during the Man United and Spurs matches where I was like 'fucking hell, that's a class angle' only for them to immediately cut to another camera that didn't really show you the goal. Thankfully they got the full excellence of Willock's ball to Isak though. 

48 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

That game against Tottenham, man. What an afternoon that was.

My grandad died two days before that match after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. I was on my way to see my grandma as the match started and we stopped off at Dunston Aldi to get a couple of bits and pieces. Took my phone out at the self checkout and saw a notification saying we were 3-0 up after 9 minutes. A few seconds later another notification popped up saying it was 4-0. Couldn't believe it - even told one of the workers in Aldi and he was gobsmacked. Cheered me right up after a thoroughly shit couple of days :lol:

7 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

My grandad died two days before that match after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. I was on my way to see my grandma as the match started and we stopped off at Dunston Aldi to get a couple of bits and pieces. Took my phone out at the self checkout and saw a notification saying we were 3-0 up after 9 minutes. A few seconds later another notification popped up saying it was 4-0. Couldn't believe it - even told one of the workers in Aldi and he was gobsmacked. Cheered me right up after a thoroughly shit couple of days :lol:

Bitter sweet moment. RIP grandad! 

On 23/08/2023 at 20:09, HaydnNUFC said:

Why does everyone hate Alex? :lol:

Granted I know nothing about the bloke personally but he seems relatively witty on his youtube channel, I don't follow podcasts or whatever. Is there some history behind it?

On 24/08/2023 at 05:03, Kid Icarus said:

'The hot tubs n that' :lol:

He probably calls the police "the Feds". To me, that's a shit brewery.

It's a bit ironic for Hurst to go on about the Geordie Nation because the first two episodes are basically the board and commercial team desperately trying to expand the fanbase worldwide to increase revenue. It's all "30m potential fans in Saudi Arabia". They correctly realize that that is the key to growing the club.

To me he just comes across like a grifter. Utilising the club and fanbase to line his own pockets. 

Also, from a personal perspective. I don't like NUFC fans being represented by a rich, private school educated Tory.

Rightly or wrongly that's just how i feel and that whole "We're f***ing class" stuff feels so disingenuous it's not even funny. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Why does everyone hate Alex? :lol:

Granted I know nothing about the bloke personally but he seems relatively witty on his youtube channel, I don't follow podcasts or whatever. Is there some history behind it?

This board hates everyone. 

45 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

To me he just comes across like a grifter. Utilising the club and fanbase to line his own pockets. 

Also, from a personal perspective. I don't like NUFC fans being represented by a rich, private school educated Tory.

Rightly or wrongly that's just how i feel and that whole "We're f***ing class" stuff feels so disingenuous it's not even funny. 

the club's owned and run by them, man.