"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What is it about NUFC that when you watch clips like the NUFC stuff you can't help but get emotional? Hard to explain. 

I've often wondered about this.  Objectively, do we Geordies have a deeper emotional relationship with Newcastle than people from, say, Birmingham or Leeds or Sheffield tend to have with their cities, or does it just seem that way to us?  Are we unusually sentimental about city and club? 

On 23/05/2023 at 08:10, Holmesy said:

I'm sure the neglect will come across loud and clear but Ashley made the new owners sign an agreement that they wouldn't criticise him/his reign

Don't see how that would be binding on Amazon, though.  If the documentary included an interview with, say, John Gibson or Alan Shearer slagging off the Ashley regime as context for what followed, I don't think the current owners could be held to have breached any agreement with the FCB.

11 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Don't see how that would be binding on Amazon, though.  If the documentary included an interview with, say, John Gibson or Alan Shearer slagging off the Ashley regime as context for what followed, I don't think the current owners could be held to have breached any agreement with the FCB.

True but Ashley is so thin skinned he’d probably still try and take legal action.

Who knows what the detail of the agreement are. Maybe we’ll see them chucking darts at a cut out of Ashley’s face in the board room. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Holmesy

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I've often wondered about this.  Objectively, do we Geordies have a deeper emotional relationship with Newcastle than people from, say, Birmingham or Leeds or Sheffield tend to have with their cities, or does it just seem that way to us?  Are we unusually sentimental about city and club? 

I'm not even a Geordie, or from England! 

3 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Surely hes not narrating it? Dear lord

12 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm gona cry me fuckin eyes out watching this. 

5 hours ago, 54 said:

It's not the documentary, its an NBC produced clip from a few weeks back, if you have a shark to surf the web on, it can be viewed now:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/embed/nbcsports/taN3_dPizFEP

8 hours ago, Likelylad said:

The one thing this proves is how sick of that fucking Robson quote i am.

And without being able to do anything about it, Falling out of love with it.