Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

Just now, mighty__mag said:

He seems more focused on trying to stop city going through the middle. Although DeBruyne is impossible to stop at times, we have kept Gundogan quiet. Usually with Joe and Willock they'll take turns in one going or the other, in the end Bruno carried it all the way up the pitch to Gordon at one stage, for it to end up back with Pope. We need more bravery in attack.

Well put, especially from Almiron.

Wilson looks like he's coasting at the moment, part of me thinks that since achieving playing at the World Cup for England, with the age he is, he's happy with his lot and would hang up his boots now, 'completed it'. Already working on his media career, can't see the hunger now. I hope I'm reading way too much into this, but I can't be the only one thinking about this.

Gordon's not getting support/runners to make gaps for him so he looks a bit hamstrung with Burn behind him with a wall of blue shirts in front. I do think Targett behind him would completely change what we see from him.

Just now, Aiston said:

So much negativity! 

Welcome to NUFC match threads, where knees are jerked and feelings are hurt. But after the final whistle, we all bitch and moan in a more civilized manner, until the next day when we calm down and realise we're all still really happy we are where we are and believe in the long term project.