Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

Just now, reefatoon said:

Sounded like we missed a few sitters to make it closer. Maybe people are just venting a little at the frustration of that. 

Certainly all it is in my case. For all my frustration it's still great to see us going into every single game being competitive and with a genuine chance of winning, regardless of the opponent. It's just so maddening at the moment seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot every single game by being so un-clinical.

I didn't see the Leeds game around Christmas but we've fluffed massive chances against Sheff Wed, Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Man City. 

5 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

It's like every time he gets the ball in space in the opponent's half he doesn't anticipate someone coming in from behind him to nick it away. It happens time and again, especially against the top teams.

Major issue with him is his inability/unwillingness to take the ball on the 1/2 turn.

Slows us down, means he gets caught all the fucking time from the opposition hunting down the ball from behind and also means he takes too long to shift the ball forward.

He's not good enough to be starting for a top 6 side.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This place is a bit of a joke at times. Been on here for an eternity and you’re not allowed to criticize anything. Sure we’re not anywhere near these quality wise but we created 3-4 chances and not a single of those was on goal. We need to make changes. 

You are allowed, its just its being recieved by some of us the same way that criticising dips in results and criticising Keegan/Robson/the players was then. As very reactionary. People are allowed that conclusion too.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Thought Man City were poor today and were there for the taking.

They didn't need to get out of first gear man. They'd have buried us if we actually caused them issues.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This place is a bit of a joke at times. Been on here for an eternity and you’re not allowed to criticize anything.

Have your posts been deleted, or have you gotten banned for posting your criticism?

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Certainly all it is in my case. For all my frustration it's still great to see us going into every single game being competitive and with a genuine chance of winning, regardless of the opponent. It's just so maddening at the moment seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot every single game by being so un-clinical.

I didn't see the Leeds game around Christmas but we've fluffed massive chances against Sheff Wed, Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Man City. 

Leeds was probably the worst of the lot for missed chances. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

They didn't need to get out of first gear man. They'd have buried us if we actually caused them issues.

So why didn’t they win by more? Play us off the pitch? They took their chances well, we didn’t and outplayed them for long spells. Pep didn’t look too assured when it was 1-0.

16 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

This post seems quite negative. It’s Man City we should expect to get beat and should all just be happy about it.

Sounded like we missed a few sitters to make it closer. Maybe people are just venting a little at the frustration of that. 

Always think you should just let people have a shout on straight after a game as it’s just emotion from the game more than anything reasonable or sensible [emoji38]

You shouldn’t get worked up about people expressing emotion about a game, I’ll never understand people that don’t.

I’m all for people having a moan but there’s an element or reality in that as well.

Stay on the beach though, wouldn’t want you dragging yourself off it again to comment :thup: 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Not sure I can take another 3,5 years of Almiron like[emoji38]

He’s not going to be starting every game for the next 3.5 years. He always gives everything, he’s been our top scorer this season, he does a huge amount to help our overall play and he’ll continue to do so. Hopefully we’ll get a fantastic right winger in this season who is more direct and has more technical ability and then Miggy becomes a great alternative option, especially if we’re in Europe. Let’s not get on the back of a player who deserves pretty much the least criticism this season after Pope, Bruno and Jow 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Looks like he kicked burn after the tackle the sly twat

Aye, saw that at the time, and its what led to Burn kicking off and ending in him and Haaland being booked. Grealish took exception to the tackle and kicked out at Burn, but it was missed by the commentators, and not even mentioned.

They have a mix of world class and top class players, we have a mix of alright and a couple of top class. Nobody in our squad would start for Man City. 

It’s not escuse but you can get your plan basically right and still lose to them. 

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’m all for people having a moan but there’s an element or reality in that as well.

Stay on the beach though, wouldn’t want you dragging yourself off it again to comment :thup: 

[emoji38] That’s the spirit. I will do too, as long as you keep carrying on being completely detached from all feelings on the other side of the world. :thup:

10 minutes ago, Cronky said:

2-0 was about right. We should have taken at least one of our chances, but they won quite comfortably in the end.

I can understand why Eddie wants to stick with the players who have got us to this position, but Miggy looks like he needs a rest. Targett isn't the greatest defender, but he offers us something a bit different from Dan Burn.

Disagree with 2-0 being 'about right'. Feels like a narrative based on the result rather than the teams' performances, which happens all the time and certainly did after the cup final.

We lost this game more than Man City winning it, and the same goes for the final. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I reckon it's a better problem to have than having no hold in games and being outplayed, which let's face it we're more than used to in recent years. I reckon given age and injuries this is Wilson's last season. We need a creator (Maddison type) and I still reckon we need a striker (someone lethal or someone effective at holding it up or dropping deep and playing others in, any would do if they're good at it) because Isak looks most effective in wider areas where he has space to run into. Not writing Wilson off form-wise, but when you factor in age, wages, form and injuries, it's time to cash in.

Guest reefatoon
21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It’s completely allowed to feel frustrated or angry straight after a game, it’s just emotion talking when people are truly attached to something they love. Nowt wrong with hearing people bitch on straight after, it’s what it is all about when you are actually emotionally invested. Some people just don’t understand that though when they have zero attachment to it.