Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 17/03/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I thought his transfer was now a full one and not a loan? If so, then there is no reason why he can't play anymore. 

I think the obligation to buy kicked in, so end of year.

They're unbeaten in five at home, 2-3-0. Last five away, we're 1-3-1 with the defeat at the Etihad. Form suggests a draw, so we'll have to be on it to get more.

If we do manage it, the payoff is big. It will improve our post-World Cup form to a much more respectable 17 points from 11 games. 1.5 points a game from then on, that is, another 18 points from final 12 matches, would take us to 65 points, which should be a strong shout for fourth given the points everyone else are dropping.

Looking at our season so far, it looks like the most important thing for us is momentum. Rather than being strong home or away, against teams at the bottom, or teams that play a certain way, we're where we are due to playing well for 10 games or so on a roll. We need to get that going again.

4 points from these two games would have been acceptable. So a draw here isn’t a disaster. I think we should be aiming and hoping for more, mind. 

Everton went there just the other week and went into the lead twice. They can certainly got at. Just worry a bit about Gibbs-White and Johnson on the counter. 

A similar front 3 to yesterday. With Willock tearing about again and I think we cause them big problems going forward. 

10 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

Absolutely buzzing about this one. Literally going to be my second ever away game. The first being Wimbledon away in 1994 and Ruel Fox's debut. My mate is a Forest fan so has managed to get some tickets so i'm going down there on Friday. I'll obviously be sitting with the locals so there's a very good chance i'll get chinned if sitting there by myself today is anything to go by :lol:

Anyone had any good/bad experiences of sitting with the home supporters?

Lived in Nottingham for years and used to get tickets with lads I worked with. When winter gave the penalty in the 2-1 (clip above) a lad called Matty was radge and nearly dropped me in it. 

Isak, Saint and possibly Miggy can cause their defence all sorts of problems. Sure they’ve had a decent record at home recently but their defence looked woeful even at home against Everton. We’ll get loads of chances, just have to stick them away. 

3 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Lived in Nottingham for years and used to get tickets with lads I worked with. When winter gave the penalty in the 2-1 (clip above) a lad called Matty was radge and nearly dropped me in it. 

aye its gonna be a night of restraint [emoji38] i mean just the accent is going to be a massive giveaway but his entire family who are also going refer to me as 'toons' as we met through xbox years ago and thats my gamertag.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

That 2-1 was fucking shocking. We were getting a draw out of that game until the end. We were winning with even 9 men, both red cards were later rescinded as well.

I have never been as angry watching a football match. Hope the referee is either bankrupt or deed.

Just now, Danh1 said:

I have never been as angry watching a football match. Hope the referee is either bankrupt or deed.

It was mildly amusing when the famous Steve Martin had to tweet saying that apparently there was an English referee with the same name who was having a bad game, because Billy from Benton had called him a useless cunt on Twitter 

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Guarantee if we don't win, there'll be some struggling to see the wood for the trees when it comes to what we've achieved this season. 

That’s their loss. I’m just enjoying the ride, and things will only get better! :indi: 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Forest are on a decent little unbeaten run at home, but we should be looking to win this one. 

Yeah had some good results at home against good sides, must say thought they were poor when I watched them in their last home game against Everton. Would really fancy our chances if they play as openly as they did then.