Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Like ourselves, he's got a bit lucky that Liverpool and Chelsea in particular are having a bit of a shitter or a rebuild. I doubt they'll be like this next season. Will be interesting to see if he can keep them top 3 or if they overtake him.

I think both ourselves and them will be 5th/6th or worse next season.

Will he still be the messiah then?

22 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:thup: It's because most football fans and even a fair few pundits are just after an easy soundbite they can rattle off to make it seem like they've been paying attention. If it's something that puts those Newcastle fans back in their box, even better. 

The modern phenomenon of people needing to tell everyone very loudly their opinion on everything, even if it's not their own opinion. While the rest of us have to listen to it :lol:

On the other side of the coin there has been a huge rise in people kissing our arses, now we've been decent for well over a year. This will only increase as we continue to be well run, and our performances become more impossible to ignore. 

Shearer and Wright are a given, so imo Carragher is the only mainstream pundit that gets us spot on regularly. Literally the only one, as Given isn't on enough imo.

1 out of however many is shocking like. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Like ourselves, he's got a bit lucky that Liverpool and Chelsea in particular are having a bit of a shitter or a rebuild. I doubt they'll be like this next season. Will be interesting to see if he can keep them top 3 or if they overtake him.

They're about on par for what you'd expect for 3rd place at this point in the season. Same as us in 4th.

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Shearer and Wright are a given, so imo Carragher is the only mainstream pundit that gets us spot on regularly. Literally the only one, as Given isn't on enough imo.

1 out of however many is shocking like. :lol:

I’m old enough to remember Wright being an absolute whopper over Pardew.  It’s clear Shearer got to him. :lol: 

23 hours ago, loki679 said:

In the interests of equality I think 'Person Yoo' is the way to go.

True story, I believe - 

A young lady from abroad came to work in England, and after a few weeks she was asked about her opinion of the English. She said that it was great that there was such a spirit of international brotherhood around the country.

It turned out that she was going by all the graffiti that she saw, of 'Man United'.

20 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Those Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal away games will stand the test of time now the narrative has been built from their fans and managers and will be applied to us from here in on as if we always do it in every match we play.

A bit like how the Man City game around Boxing Day 2017 was used as the main point of reference of us and how we played under Benitez in the wider media.

Ironically a bit like the accepted soundbite in the 90s was we were too naive and soft :lol:

I hope we smash four past the cunts, someone snaps Fernandes I  half and we celebrate every goal with all 11 players, substitutes and coaching staff running to their bench, surrounding the baldy nonce and tapping their wrists sarcastically as if they're complaining about time-wasting. 

23 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Not to mention above Man Utd and Spuds. Feels a little too good to be true.

Maybe because Man U aren't an easy team to beat these days, but feels like if we can just get a decisive finish from one of our chances early on, this could definitely be on.

1 hour ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I hope we smash four past the cunts, someone snaps Fernandes I  half and we celebrate every goal with all 11 players, substitutes and coaching staff running to their bench, surrounding the baldy nonce and tapping their wrists sarcastically as if they're complaining about time-wasting. 

We are a better team than Manchester Utd, and we should expect to win.

I expect us to win.

I get wanting to be positive about this game and having faith in the team but I do think this game is going to be far far harder than some seem to think. I'd be happy with a draw in all honesty. They've got a very good sqaud with alot of quality.

22 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We are a better team than Manchester Utd, and we should expect to win.

I expect us to win.

We’ve played them twice this season and they’ve beat us once and drawn once so at the moment we’re not better than them.

i feel though it will all be about our finishing tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I get wanting to be positive about this game and having faith in the team but I do think this game is going to be far far harder than some seem to think. I'd be happy with a draw in all honesty. They've got a very good sqaud with alot of quality.

Spot on

I can't settle on a 'feeling' about this. Generally I always feel confident at home to ManU. I thought we'd get a result in the Christmas fixture last season - which we did (nearly won it too), and I remember being convinced we'd beat them under Mourinho (which we did, Ritchie). But I just wonder if this Man Utd side have got our card marked. The cup final was pretty straightforward for them and we were probably lucky not to have lost the Old Trafford fixture at the death. 

Gonna be a difficult watch whatever happens I think, because it'll be close.