Scott McTominay

Jack27

Be deflated with this if it happened. We need more Bruno and Isak type signings, not something that's already not good enough for a rival.

Edited by hakka

6 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We need to build a squad not just a first 11 + three decent subs.

Plus it may free funds up for a position we are looking to spend more money on?

It might be another year before we can start buying worldies every time.

He would come here expecting to be a star player, not squad filler. Plus he would be expensive both in terms of transfer fee and wages. There’s no upside.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see the bed wetting is at an all time high this morning! ;D

My prediction is he'll prove to be a very good signing. Untapped potential that has not been managed well by Man Utd. Will thrive with greater responsibility and confidence being placed in him, and more consistent playing time.

What I am looking forward to most though is how daft a lot of folks will be made to look yet again by super Eddie Howe. Can't wait.

Got to love your optimism. If Howe proposed signing Bruce to play CB I reckon you’d be waxing lyrical about his potential and aerial duel stats. 

Guest reefatoon

At least he can come straight into the team and not sit on the bench for weeks like all that foreign tat we signed

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The worrying thing is ten hag dropped him almost immediately, that’s a telling sign imo.

Howe is building a very different team with a different style of play to what ten Hag is though.

Howe's setup leans more to what Klopp's aggressive pressing Liverpool side was like.

I can see the vision. A midfield trio of Joelinton, Bruno and McTominay would overwhelm sides.

I'm not going to argue about it though. When it happens I will be here to remind you all.

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Got to love your optimism. If Howe proposed signing Bruce to play CB I reckon you’d be waxing lyrical about his potential and aerial duel stats. 

It's one of the great things about having a top manager at the helm.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Howe is building a very different team with a different style of play to what ten Hag is though.

Howe's setup leans more to what Klopp's aggressive pressing Liverpool side was like.

I can see the vision. A midfield trio of Joelinton, Bruno and McTominay would overwhelm sides.

I'm not going to argue about it though. When it happens I will be here to remind you all.

Nor argument here, I’d pray you’re right, but I’m absolutely certain he isn’t good enough. That’s assuming he signs, it’s a bit early for Edwards to know our top targets imo 

Not even worth 5 million. Could pick up a league 1 trotter that would do what he can do, and coming from the fucking shite that is manu he will expect to be an important first team player. Ugh, stinks of the old times where we bought the castoffs.

Edited by worthy

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don’t think he’s the answer but he’s definitely not as bad as people are making out.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see the bed wetting is at an all time high this morning! ;D

My prediction is he'll prove to be a very good signing. Untapped potential that has not been managed well by Man Utd. Will thrive with greater responsibility and confidence being placed in him, and more consistent playing time.

What I am looking forward to most though is how daft a lot of folks will be made to look yet again by super Eddie Howe. Can't wait.

Don't you say that about every signing?

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nor argument here, I’d pray you’re right, but I’m absolutely certain he isn’t good enough. That’s assuming he signs, it’s a bit early for Edwards to know our top targets imo 

Yeah, I get it. Loads of other clearly feel the same way.

For me, I can just see how it makes sense for the type of team Howe is building.

Liverpool's hard pressing title winning side had that midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Gini, which was hardly the most glamorous, but they were the platform for that side.

We'll see how it plays out if he signs.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, I get it. Loads of other clearly feel the same way.

For me, I can just see how it makes sense for the type of team Howe is building.

Liverpool's hard pressing title winning side had that midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Gini, which was hardly the most glamorous, but they were the platform for that side.

We'll see how it plays out if he signs.

Hard pressing wise, I get the attraction. But can he actually retain the ball once he's got it? There is a reason Man U were doing terribly before Casimero. McTominay was probably one of them.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Don't you say that about every signing?

I doubt it. How about you tell me when I said similar, and when I was wrong?

And then tell me which signings you lot don't always claim are shit, when it's a player from another prem side.

Interestingly in the four seasons he’s played significant games, they’ve finished 3rd, 2nd, 6th and 3rd. 

Now you can easily say that’s in spite, rather than because of him, but there’s no question that’s the finishing places we’re targeting.