Scott McTominay

Jack27

5 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

For English people there is no such thing as Britain and as for the Scots we don't fucking like them.

Except you do this for your best English players as well. 

I've seen similar responses to links to Rice and Mount recently!

Just now, KaKa said:

Not from me you haven't. Rice 100%, Mount playing for us not so sure, we don't play with anyone in his position.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Not from me you haven't. Rice 100%, Mount playing for us not so sure, we don't play with anyone in his position.

Yeah, but my post wasn't to you specifically in the first place :lol:

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Most people are positive about signing Rice or Mount. You will always get some people who don't rate a player for their own reasons. It's nothing like Wood, Gordon or McTominay where the overwhelming sentiment is negative.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't think he would be a 6 would he? He wins the ball a lot high up the pitch and would be basically filling in Longstaff's role or no?

This is the way I see it. In the minority here but this would be a shrug/wait and see signing for me. I don’t think he’s great but not every signing is going to blow our socks off. In a season with a lot more games we’re going to need bodies. We know Eddie has a rod on for PL experience and he’s more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Would we really be that surprised if he came in and did a job?

Edited by Dr Venkman

Hi all. Manchester United and Scotland fan here. Just signed up to give my honest assessment.

I'm not entirely sure of your policy on members from rivals, so this might be my first and final post.

McTominay isn't an anchorman (no 6). He is more like a box-to-box midfielder. These days midfielders are boxed in and told to do one specific job, so box-to-box midfielders are obsolete, which is one of the reasons why McTominay is so polarized.

As for this "he hides from the ball" thing. It's been said for about 3 years and I'm still not clear what it means. How can a player hide from the ball? Sneak off and sit on the bench, without anyone noticing? Hide behind the goals?

One Manchester United fan came out with that line and it just snowballed into a ball the size of a glacier.

Just yesterday, he made himself available dozens of times, and he wasn't picked out. It's hardly his fault if his team-mates don't pass to him.

Besides, let me give you an example of the general online Manchester United fan. On RedCafe (their no 1 site) they have a thread dedicated to Frenkie De Jong. It has close to 2k posts of United fans salivating over him and fawning over him.

Even though he is a Barcelona player and will probably never join Manchester United.

On RedCafe there's also individual threads dedicated to every squad member. Each thread is full of Manchester United fans criticising and tearing apart their own players. They are the most toxic group of fans.

They usually have a couple of scapegoats at a time. Back in the day it was Fletcher and O'Shea. The previous ones were Lingard and Pogba. The recent scapegoats are McTominay and Maguire. When those two leave, the scapegoats will probably be Fred and Antony.

Every player gets it in the neck, though, even Bruno and Rashford. So I wouldn't give any credence to the general opinion of United fans. They treat players of other clubs with more respect than their own.

McTominay's attributes: opening his legs and running with the ball. Shooting. Keeping it simple and recycling the ball. Tackling and his physicality. Plus he's played at the back from Scotland, so he's versatile.

In 2019 in the Quarter finals against Barcelona he won motm. Not bad for someone who apparently hides from the ball

As far as "Scott McTominay hides from the ball". It reminds me of what Joseph Goebbels said that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/scott-mctominay-wins-man-of-the-match-award-after-champions-league-display-against-barcelona

Edited by TheDarkKnight