Scott McTominay

Jack27

There’s no way McTominay would go for £20m. He has another two years left on his contract (June 2025) with a years option on top. He’s a home grown academy player, and they would have to replace him with someone much pricier. 

McTominay, Gordon, Gallagher ... I mean I'm just not surprised, considering the way we play.

I think long after he has won multiple trophies at Newcastle and wants to slow down, Howe is going to end up being England's best manager.

I think mentality wise and football culture wise, English players are so incredibly well suited to aggressive, high intensity pressing football. When Howe introduces that style with his England team it's a wrap.

I'll be gobsmacked if he is actually one of our targets now. The game up here a couple of months ago, he was abysmal. I find it amusing that some actually feel he would be a decent signing. All this new influx of posts due to a Man Utd Twitter page. He's nowhere near the level of player we should be looking at.

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Mac Allister and Caicedo were abysmal up here too tbf.

True but they're not pretty shit every week though. Also one was playing out of position and the other didn't even play half of the game. 

Edited by et tu brute

He's going to live off that game against Spain. His agent already has the best of clips with Kasabian soundtrack sorted. 

Edited by OCK

For £20m to rotate pretty much like for like with Longstaff it seems like good business and allows us to splash proper money on real quality elsewhere. Anything above £25m and I’d feel the money is better spent elsewhere. 

Edited by BoSelecta

McTominay is awful and I'd much prefer to sign the best 2 CMs in League 1 as opposed to this fucker. See which one develops and I'm confident we'd be much better off as a result. He's fucking awful and would add zero to the squad, move on ffs

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

I'll be gobsmacked if he is actually one of our targets now. The game up here a couple of months ago, he was abysmal. I find it amusing that some actually feel he would be a decent signing. All this new influx of posts due to a Man Utd Twitter page. He's nowhere near the level of player we should be looking at.

And why exactly should we trust your player analysis over the man that has got us into the Champions League in a year with even lesser players?

1 hour ago, midds said:

McTominay is awful and I'd much prefer to sign the best 2 CMs in League 1 as opposed to this fucker. See which one develops and I'm confident we'd be much better off as a result. He's fucking awful and would add zero to the squad, move on ffs

Sounds like you'd get us relegated signing League 1 midfielders instead. Crazy talk :laugh:

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

I'd be fucking gutted if we sign this cunt.

Gutted that we'd be signing a player the manager that got us in the top 4 wants? Hmmm ... very rational.

I’ve seen McTominay play dozens of times and I’ve never seen anything in him. Franz Beckenbauer could come out as a big fan of his and it wouldn’t put a dent in my opinion.

If McTominay is the only signing we make in midfield, then ofcourse that's disappointing. But we can't really sign 2 £50m+ CMs.. I'd say one quality and another one for depth. I don't think McTominay would be terrible for the depth of the squad, although we could get something better for the money if we are lucky. I would say that we could've needed him the last part of the season due to Longstaffs injury. And to be honest, if other teams were linked to Longstaff for £20m, wouldn't they be also be sceptical? Longstaff doesn't look like a standout player, but the job that he does is still important and went unnoticed for a while.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’ve seen McTominay play dozens of times and I’ve never seen anything in him. Franz Beckenbauer could come out as a big fan of his and it wouldn’t put a dent in my opinion.

Well you're not the one managing the team so it's not relevant.

If we want to be good we should probably at least start by giving the manager that has done so well the players he wants, regardless of your expert opinion.

Just now, KaKa said:

Well you're not the one managing the team so it's not relevant.

If we want to be good we should probably at least start by giving the manager that has done so well the players he wants, regardless of your expert opinion.

It’s a football forum though.

34 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Rather we looked at a younger, more defensive midfielder like Lavia or Tyler Adams, and spend big on a creative player.

Do you think we can spend £40-50m on one of those if we spend big on another midfielder? That's what they will demand for these players. What about the other positions then if we blow £110m on CMs? That's kind of the point.. A bit unfair to compare McTominay for £20m to £40-50m players.. (Saying £20m because most here would agree that we wouldn't want him for a higher price anyways)

Edited by Erikse

Hmmm. Didn’t think either would go for that much. Maybe naive on my part. Both at relegated clubs (probably).

Both would be really good investments IMO. Adams especially is well suited to our game. Can pass the ball.