West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

Frankly I've seen enough of Burn for a while, desperate to see someone else (Targett) get a chance there

No disrespect to Burn, love the bloke, he's been far better than I expected and I'd never question his commitment but for a big lad he is shit in the air, is too slow and doesn't offer enough going forward.

He's getting roasted this match, and keeping him on past half time could cost us. I think Howe is too loyal to 'haul him off' though, but it's what we need.

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Didn't see this coming at 2-0, sloppy as fuck and all a bit disjointed

To be fair, we were sloppy as fuck and disjointed from the start. Murphy the only player who is getting the better of his man. Paquetaaaaa (feel like it needs more a’s) and Rice dominating. 

Howe will make sure we go into the 2nd half with new ideas. Burn is getting roasted down that side and I'd love to see Targett get some minutes but he'll need to be on his toes tonight. Isak and Willock will kill this game off

Just now, BergenMagpie said:

Such a contrast to our average game this season. We are shit on the ball but scores on every chance

Part from Wilson's 1 v 1 that probably would have ended the tie.

Guest reefatoon

Inspired changes by Eddie. We lost our way a little in the last 10 minutes, but it’s been an entertaining game. Yeah Burn has been poor and not sure what’s happened to Schars passing tonight, but he just keep lashing it up to nobody. Good time to get them in at half time so Eddie can get them going again. Enjoying it so far.

Edited by reefatoon

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Rice driving through our midfield is causing us problems. Need to stop him early doors.

We also need to buy him in the summer. He's the perfect foil for Bruno.

Lucky to be ahead tbh, think West Ham have been the better team apart from us grabbing a goal from nowhere and then another when they were reeling from that.

Really sloppy in possession. Burn in particular having a mare but we seem a bit directionless in a lot of our passing, trying to keep the ball rather than do anything with it.

The difference between Isak and Wilson in general play is massive, fair play to Wilson for a brilliant bit of goalscorer play but aside from that he's been poor again IMO.

ASM has had some bits of quality but there were a few moments where it looked like he had space to really go at the defence and he didn't go for it. Needs to be just a bit more greedy. Felt like he may have been moving a bit gingerly towards the end of the half, hope to fuck he hasn't tweaked something again.

Just now, bigfella said:

Did idiot Redknapp really say Schar "shanked" that pass?

Fuckin fool.

Aye. He'd have been pissing his pants if that was "best kicker of a ball in history" Trent.

We've definitely not been outplayed but we are getting a bit outhustled at times. We've had more possession, played more passes, and we're winning [emoji38]

Rice is doing what Rice does well -  getting stuck in and driving forward. Don't think Paqueta has been much kop at all.