Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Which point? That I haven’t been impressed? Firstly, that point is entirely subjective, and secondly: have you? Has anybody?

I have, think he's looked really tidy whenever he's played.

Just now, 54 said:

Yeah me too. Just before he was subbed off, he burned their defence and Anderson missed a sitter.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Which point? That I haven’t been impressed? Firstly, that point is entirely subjective, and secondly: have you? Has anybody?

Well, he's mostly been used off the bench because as usual, Eddie takes his time before integrating new players into the team.

Aside from the fact he has barely even started a game yet, he has flashed enough ability to show that there will be much more to come from him.

There is just nothing to suggest that he is not very good, or CL standard, or that we threw away £40 million on him. He just joined in January. Come on man :lol:

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

I didn't watch today's game so can't comment on his performance, but every game he's played recently he's impacted really well whenever he has came on, and probably deserved  a starting berth if not for Murphy's great form, as he's pressed really well from the front, had several goal involvements, and done well in attacking situations, is he the end product, probably not, but can you see the potential in him, especially in an Eddie Howe team, absolutely.

It does feel that some people have prejudged Gordon from his time at Everton, and as such every time he does something that isn't great, or doesn't have a particularly good performance, they're going to jump on him.

This is it exactly.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I've not got great signal ATM, so the team photo was blurry, spot what made me have to do a double take :lol:

Screenshot_20230408-172439.png

BIG dan burn, or tripps getting a hand?

What a second half. Absolutely brilliant.

Isak is second in the league in goals per 90 minutes, behind only Haarland. Wilson would be up to about fifth but was robbed by VAR.

A penalty is about 0.77 xG. Wilson gets zero in spite of the ball hitting his shoulder.

Going into the game, Brentford had 27 points from 14 home games, so a fantastic result.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

4 nights cooped up in a hotel and they produce a third win in 6 days.

cant underestimate this win.

It's unbelievable man. Such a great set of results.

The way things were going today in the first half with those two pens, was sure we were doomed.

This team and manager are something else.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

I've not got great signal ATM, so the team photo was blurry, spot what made me have to do a double take :lol:

Screenshot_20230408-172439.png

Burns arm that makes it look like Bruno’s dick is out?

The arm over Burn’s dick which makes it look like his is out?

The face that looks like Frank Lampard head has been photoshopped in?

Gordon who’s neck looks like his head has been stretched out, or he is some shape shifting alien off a sci-fi programme?

Tom Jones in front of Gordon?

Jason Tindall who looks like he’s wearing a Jason Tindall mask?

Edited by Stifler

20 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Impressed is the wrong word but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from his cameos.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Genuinely can't believe we won that after the shitshow first half.

Eddie fucking Howe, man

Imagine that result after that 1st half if it was Bruce in charge?

Edited by Stifler

18 minutes ago, 54 said:

He has to me also, but not so much today. Looked lethargic and he only played 45 minutes.

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He is 21 years old. He is a squad player initially that should grow into much more.

How much do you think young English players with high potential cost?

Also, why do you label it as 'throwing' as if it is a waste of money, when the guy has been here 5 mins?

This is honestly just tragic at this point.

Your opinion, and to an extent I agree. However, not understanding that we aren’t in the position to be spending £40m+ on a squad player is ‘tragic’ on your behalf. People are simply expecting more end product from

him due to the price, which is a little understandable. However, he’s never really had that end product, in fairness to him, so the expectation is a bit unrealistic right now. Yes, he could improve, and I’m sure at the club and under Howe, he’ll do that. 
‘Throwing’ was simply my (possibly bad) choice of wording for ‘paying’.

32 minutes ago, Wilson said:

We're chasing a champions league spot, if we happen to get one, it's exactly what we'll need to do. 

As things stand, we're not as far off that stage as you're making out. 

We won’t be spending £40m on squad fillers man. £40m is our first team Bruno/Botman type (other than up front, where prices obviously go up). This summer we’ll probably be spending £150-200m. For that money, we won’t be buying 4 or 5 squad players- we’ll be after players to come in and take over the role the likes of Longstaff and Burn are currently playing.