Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

4 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Their manager making some kind of statement about how much we paid for isak....someone should remind him we hammered them 5-1 without 63m on the pitch 

Definitely noticed that too, if he mentioned his name and praised him and then the price I would sort of get it but instead it was "fantastic finish from a £63m striker"

I guess it's a coping mechanism for failing to beat us despite a terrible first half combined with some dodgy officiating 

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

where was BDB in the build up to the first pel?

Can't remember at the time but watching it on MOTD earlier and he comes into shot after Schade is about to go into the box, so guess he was part of an attacking move on the left flank

First half was terrible, it was far from an Eddie Howe performance, no intensity and just lots of silly mistakes, which was demonstrated by that first penalty. Was a let off that Toney messed it up but we still didn't wake up and was probably fair to be losing at half time even if it came through very questionable means.

The second half was very different, particularly the first 20 mins, we were superb and that Bruno/Joelinton partnership in the middle was excellent, would be good to see the 4-2-3-1 more often.

When the 3rd goal was disallowed I was worried it would psychologically hurt us but we pretty much managed the game quite well until the end and should really have scored a 3rd (again).

Great result and somewhat eases the pressure on what is a tough game away to Villa.

4 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Their manager making some kind of statement about how much we paid for isak....someone should remind him we hammered them 5-1 without 63m on the pitch 

Aww fkn boohoo for him, fkn here - tp for his bunghole.

tpformybunghole.jpg.a27fa0a6ea94e0f23a94a6f085ed581f.jpg

I hear the brentford hamlet 5-a-side community centre pitch was funded by them anyway.

unnamed.gif.87a368f64c4c7efe69da33d37dd2918d.gif

I still can't get over how my ears bled listening to the lady on co-commentary. Annoyyed the fuck out of me. The Arabic river I switched to was far more soothing to listen to despite not understanding a word that was said.

Fucking hope we don't have her again...ever.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Definitely noticed that too, if he mentioned his name and praised him and then the price I would sort of get it but instead it was "fantastic finish from a £63m striker"

I guess it's a coping mechanism for failing to beat us despite a terrible first half combined with some dodgy officiating 

In all fairness it’s worth pointing out that they sacked their academy off because they feel it is better to throw money at players in lesser leagues who have less money for their best players. Is paying the going rate for one of the most rated young forwards in the world and then going to the French 2nd division and throwing some money at small part time clubs so they have to sell their best players is pretty much the same thing, just on a different scale.

Meanwhile there is no pathway for young Brentford fans to actually play through the ranks and become a star for their childhood team.

As it happens I actually like their club, they have saw something else that loads of clubs have missed. Whilst more established and perhaps historic clubs were getting players on the gut feeling of PFM’s after they have had a kebab, they were hiring managers, coaches, and getting players by looking at their stats and attributes.

They were able to leapfrog and leave behind said clubs, and on their way even develop a brand new stadium for their fans to enjoy.

42 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I still can't get over how my ears bled listening to the lady on co-commentary. Annoyyed the fuck out of me. The Arabic river I switched to was far more soothing to listen to despite not understanding a word that was said.

Aye she was shite. Full of cliché one liners and just generally hopeless.

Edited by 1892er

44 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Bro. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I think a lot of Eddie's fellow managers will be looking at our squad and just wondering how he is able to get so much out of them. Frank was suggesting that the difference was the amount of money spent. He also said that we won because of a couple of 'moments' but the reality is that we upped our game in the second half, and it was too much for them. 

Eddie has been getting these results of over a year now, and it can't be a fluke.

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Can't remember at the time but watching it on MOTD earlier and he comes into shot after Schade is about to go into the box, so guess he was part of an attacking move on the left flank

I think he got done around the half way line by Schade. He’s truly shit man

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

I think a lot of Eddie's fellow managers will be looking at our squad and just wondering how he is able to get so much out of them. Frank was suggesting that the difference was the amount of money spent. He also said that we won because of a couple of 'moments' but the reality is that we upped our game in the second half, and it was too much for them. 

Eddie has been getting these results of over a year now, and it can't be a fluke.

As someone said - Eddie out managed him, he got the team wrong in the first half but salted and won the game. That’s all you can ask from a manager - the  guys pure class.

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I hope he’s got his calculator out for when he plays Chelsea/ Forest/ Man City / every other team in the league. 

The spooky little creep. 

9 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Having seen it I personally thought he was being really respectful towards Isak.

48 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think he got done around the half way line by Schade. He’s truly shit man

Nah, it was Schar who got done by Schade. Burn was higher up having just done a useful block on Aaron Hickey but the loose ball was punted up hopefully by the centre-back who came to cover - it was just Schade's great first touch and turn that he was able to conjure a free run thereafter on the flank.

You can see the entire move from 1.55 mins on in the extended highlights video.

I’m just watching the game again.  Brentford’s game plan appears to be to get the ball in the box and fall over.  They’re top of the penalties received count so the plan appears to work - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1.  The speed at which they surrounded the ref for the second one was impressive.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I’m just watching the game again.  Brentford’s game plan appears to be to get the ball in the box and fall over.  They’re top of the penalties received count so the plan appears to work - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1

Aye they seem to get them loads. 3 against us, one of them a fucking joke too.

Toney scored 11 goals without pels this season. 

Edited by Danh1

5 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The actions of a twat. 

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I’m just watching the game again.  Brentford’s game plan appears to be to get the ball in the box and fall over.  They’re top of the penalties received count so the plan appears to work - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1.  The speed at which they surrounded the ref for the second one was impressive.  

They honestly remind me a bit of a non-league team… one really fast lad, one big lad and no real football played. 

Toney deserved to lose after that Griddy celebration. 

Just seen the Frank interview :lol: Howe must be the only manager in the league that doesn’t give snarky interviews. That Spurs manager trying to say they were the better team with a straight face was laughs too.