Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

43 minutes ago, RS said:

Reckon this is tougher than manu and Brentford games. If they don’t beat us I’d expect at least a draw or win. 

I’m going to see what paddy power can do on that as an accumulator. 

Edited by FLUMPO235

Was watching the Up the Villa podcast preview and while they are confident, there was still an element of trepidation.

They worry that one or two of their players can go missing and that they don't create loads of chances. 

It's easy to forget how feared we have become.

If we start well, we will win.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Was watching the Up the Villa podcast preview and while they are confident, there was still an element of trepidation.

They worry that one or two of their players can go missing and that they don't create loads of chances. 

This. I'm not used to being told we're mint yet. 

Think the first 15 minutes will set the tone. If we get through that without giving the crowd anything to get excited about or Joelinton giving them anything to get angry about then we can gradually impose ourselves.

I feel if we have a particular defensive weakness it's that playing a high line leaves us vulnerable to pace merchants like Watkins. Especially if Pope tries to be a bit clever in the sweeper-keeper role.

2-2 draw appeals for some reason. Watkins 2, Isak and late Gordon equaliser will send us home relatively happy. 

Edited by geordiesteve710

54 minutes ago, STM said:

If we don’t start so well, we can still win :indi:

1 hour ago, The Fountain said:

Gonna say, I've been to VP 4 times, 4 wins. 

But are you going and if you do will it be 5? And if you don’t will it not? And if I keep typing will any sense come out of my fingers? And if it does, will it be a first? (Time for bed, me thinks…).