Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Shame maxi isn’t fit, would fancy him against Young at RB. Gordon would be a good option against him as well, but don’t see Howe starting him after the weekend.

You see, I do!

I'd love for practically any other club to take Newcastle's position tbh. They've cemented themselves as the most despicable club in football under the new regime. I'd hate to be a Newcastle fan right now, and if I was I'd probably give up on football if I'm being honest.

The most despicable club in football [emoji38]

It is awful supporting us at the minute though, I’m not sure how I cope.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I admire and pity anyone who can be bothered to look up other club forums like.

Posts like this are weird as fuck like Ian, sorry [emoji38]

It takes two seconds to Google search “[club] forum” and find their latest match threads. You haven’t reached peak zen by not finding humour in outrageous internet opinions.

27 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Posts like this are weird as fuck like Ian, sorry [emoji38]

It takes two seconds to Google search “[club] forum” and find their latest match threads. You haven’t reached peak zen by not finding humour in outrageous internet opinions.

Nah, I'm with Ian - ain't got the patience or time to hit up another club's forum to see any of their crap. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wasn't criticising seriously like, if you enjoy it then fine :lol:

You've clearly never been on Grand Old Team after a loss, its delicious.

5 minutes ago, Beardo said:

After the Brentford Game i would love to see Isak Wilson Gordon as a front three.

Two Joe,s in midfield with Bruno.

He has to try it sometime why not now with Maxi and Miggy out.

We aren't ripping up the blueprint with 8 games to go.

I've seen Zero indication from Howe that he sees Isak as a wide man.

We continue on as normal. It's what has got us where we are.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah, I don't think we'll see the two strikers from the start. 

As much because I don't think Eddie has confidence in either of them to last the90mins with the intensity he wants with no fresh legs to bring off the bench to replace either of them with.

The self belief from fans of Aston Villa that their club is somehow special or one that no player could possibly turn down the chance to play for is staggering.

Every fan of every club holds their own club in high regard, no doubt but, Villa fans are a step beyond that....  I have no idea why they seem to hate us so much either, personally I see them as a complete nothing club, going nowhere with mid to upper mid table their glass ceiling but, extremely low risk of relegation.  They mean nothing to any other football fan...  some fans (even on here) have soft spots for other clubs and look out for the results and so on.  I would be hugely surprised if anyone puts Villa into that category. 

For the comments I read from their lot recently and further back I would take a huge amount of satisfaction to hammer these by 4 or 5 goals.  While that is unlikely I would still enjoy a win of any kind and feel that with our current form we have a good chance....  

We have seen that Eddie has his "Blue Print" for how he wants to play but, also have evidence now that he can (and will) change that when he feels it is appropriate or necessary.  He must have seen Dan Burn getting ran ragged recently, other teams will see what we see and focus their attacks down their right hand side to exploit the lack of pace and mobility from big Dan.  At some point I can see Targett being brought in to replace him, it will be a pity because Burn is likeable and has done a great job but, seems to have been found out by all our opponents which makes it time to make a change.

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

The self belief from fans of Aston Villa that their club is somehow special or one that no player could possibly turn down the chance to play for is staggering.

Every fan of every club holds their own club in high regard, no doubt but, Villa fans are a step beyond that....  I have no idea why they seem to hate us so much either, personally I see them as a complete nothing club, going nowhere with mid to upper mid table their glass ceiling but, extremely low risk of relegation.  They mean nothing to any other football fan...  some fans (even on here) have soft spots for other clubs and look out for the results and so on.  I would be hugely surprised if anyone puts Villa into that category. 

For the comments I read from their lot recently and further back I would take a huge amount of satisfaction to hammer these by 4 or 5 goals.  While that is unlikely I would still enjoy a win of any kind and feel that with our current form we have a good chance....  

We have seen that Eddie has his "Blue Print" for how he wants to play but, also have evidence now that he can (and will) change that when he feels it is appropriate or necessary.  He must have seen Dan Burn getting ran ragged recently, other teams will see what we see and focus their attacks down their right hand side to exploit the lack of pace and mobility from big Dan.  At some point I can see Targett being brought in to replace him, it will be a pity because Burn is likeable and has done a great job but, seems to have been found out by all our opponents which makes it time to make a change.

Re Burn. Wingers have got passed him but rarely regularly. I can't remember anyone given him a turning over like Harrison gave Trippier in the first half down there last season.

He looks awkward and cumbersome but in general he stops his opponent

Be amazed if Gordon starts after his reaction to coming off on Saturday tbh.

It is all a bit overblown and would have been sorted out easily on the day between them, but it would be pretty harsh dropping Murphy for someone who publicly went on like a tit to his boss.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Joseph said:

Is “The Fish” on here? Every time I look at an opposition fan forum, you’re on there doing the po-faced “Mag in peace” shtick and biting on every possible wind-up. Please stop!

Nah, he used to but he left a while back. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Re Burn. Wingers have got passed him but rarely regularly. I can't remember anyone given him a turning over like Harrison gave Trippier in the first half down there last season.

He looks awkward and cumbersome but in general he stops his opponent

Anthony twice gave him a hell of a hard time and then just last week Bowen got by several times.  Maybe that is your exact point (fully agree with you)

I agree with you, as well, that Burn does very well in a face to face challenge and also has a habit of taking the ball from an onrushing winger (with his long cumbersome legs :-)  ) but, when they turn him or pass him at pace he is done.  

Don't get me wrong though, I think Burn is great and I am not criticizing him, although I guess I kind of am.   I thought that Targett handled Bowen excellently when he came on vs West Ham the other week, it is just a slightly different approach and one that could be a surprise to teams we play against, when they expect to see Burn in left back but, we make a change!