Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Villa are class btw, they are absolutely in the top 4 race, confidence and momentum are huge things at this stage of the season and they have both in buckets. 

Would genuinely prefer Manure and Spurs over this lot.

Just now, NUFC said:

Howe is too loyal towards Burn, been shite in 2023 and Targett must be wondering what he has done

Yep Villa have definitely shown Burn up as one of our weak links today. He’s been solid but against this press, 

pace an athleticism he’s going to struggle.

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Did someone say Watkins wasn't all that earlier, he's been brilliant, movement, holding it up and finishing. Best player on the pitch, we've been awful, beyond awful to actually, worst we've played under Eddie.

He's been great today, but can't help wondering how much of that is down to our defenders not being able to cope with his movement.

Just now, Smal said:

Howe did say we'd be having a lot of rest this week and not much training... but we don't look to have benefitted from the rest at all.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve been hoping Howe expands his coaching team, I don’t feel as if we are on the cutting edge when it comes to sports science etc. 

Just now, toon25 said:

Would genuinely prefer Manure and Spurs over this lot.

Not for me. The fake rivalry between us and them is weird tbh, the likes of us and Villa disrupting the big six is a great thing for football.