Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

i bought Dead Island 2 over the weekend so i took a half day holiday today so i could give it a shot. I'm going on holiday on Friday so i won't have any time to play it. Literally just sat on my arse all afternoon reading this thread and watching Youtube videos of the game :lol:

I think it was after the second goal (it's easy to lose track), the camera panned to the touchline and Jason Tindall is celebrating and he goes over to Eddie Howe who nonchalantly gives him a no-look high five. Maybe my favourite moment of the match. 

17 hours ago, Conjo said:

Fuuuuuck me. Think it's his son following him in the back as well. At 0:17 "we're going, we've had enough". :anguish:

I actually know who that is, well sort of. He got a ticket through my mates friends season ticket, who he goes to the Spuds home games with, apparently texted you can shove the next game up your arse :lol:

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

F**k me, that's awful. :lol:

Became clear to me over a few months listening to POTT that he’s nowhere near as interesting/insightful when we’re good. Just an hour of him and Waugh going ‘I can’t believe we’re good’ every week.

I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a cunt, but I always thought Caulkin was a good writer for people who, frankly, don’t read much. It’s overwrought, try hard stuff that would get laughed out of a publisher’s office if it didn’t come attached to a huge inbuilt audience.

Edited by Hovagod

23 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a cunt, but I always thought Caulkin was a good writer for people who, frankly, don’t read much. It’s overwrought, try hard stuff that would get laughed out of a publisher’s office if it didn’t come attached to a huge inbuilt audience.

It's a fair point. Also the 'best' of a poor bunch.

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The thing that made Caulkin great during the Ashley era is he got it. It was a breath of fresh air compared to most of the nonsense about Ashley and ungrateful / unrealistic Newcastle supporters.

Aye, we were desperate for any crumb of comfort TBH.

I know the whole "Spurs implosion" over "Wow Newcastle" stuff is to be expected given the love ins and hierarchy in English football, and yeah Spurs were second everywhere yesterday,  but not once have I heard or read anywhere how Spurs were given absolutely zero chance to perform. Not only the speed and the sharpness and the intensity of our football, but the attitude of every single player and the atmosphere and the occasion absolutely crushed them. Put another team in there in those 20 mins yesterday and I'm confident they would have been blown away too. Maybe not to that extent. I'd challenge any group of players to cope with that!

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

That Match Cam was a really quite delightful 20 minutes.

5:01 in spot the spurs fan sitting in the second row up. Either that or he just so shocked Murphy scored he can't celebrate...