Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

6 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

I got up off sofa, stood and applauded the 4th goal like. It was perfect.

Agree.

When you’re at the match it’s sometimes hard to truly appreciate a really well worked , well crafted, goal. But straight away that felt like football art to me.

Just now, midds said:

Genuinely struggling to think of a better Newcastle assist than Willock's today. Absolutely perfect pace and spin to bend it around the CB with the outside of your foot it virtually impossible. I'm probably missing a long, deep, early swinging Robert cross from 40 yards 20 years ago but can't remember one right now.

Cabaye's assist for Cisse against Stoke springs to mind.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Cabaye's assist for Cisse against Stoke springs to mind.

That's an excellent shout actually :thup:

I think the difficulty of the Willock pass today shades it though. Willock's needed vision and ability to execute it and was a much more difficult pass imo. Cabaye's vision to play it was off the dial and it was excellent but it was a fairly simple pass to execute. both lush goals though. Isn't football brilliant :aww:

We ended that game with 7 players who we'd signed in the Mike Ashley era, which is a nice fuck you to everyone who says we are only where we are due to money.

Watched at my dad;s and the first 21 mins - we were both in disbelief. I've only even seen two pastings handed out like that before in such quick time - when we beat Leicester 7-1 (6-0 at HT) in 92/93 and also when the germans battered Brazil in 2012. ???

We were at them from the off and whilst they were shite, it was because we made them look that way.

Brilliant day! :)

Edited by Big Geordie

3 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Watched at my dad;s and the first 21 mins - we were both in disbelief. I've only even seen two pastings handed out like that before in suck quick time - when we beat Leicester 7-1 (6-0 at HT) in 92/93 and also when the germans battered Brazil in 2012. ???

We were at them from the off and whilst they were shite, it was because we made them look that way.

Brilliant day! :)

For me it reminds me of when we beat Sheffield Wednesday 8-0 in 1999.

As a kid growing up just south of Sheffield, I took great pleasure going into school on the Monday.

2, 3, 4 and 5 were all class goals in different ways. Pass, touch and composed finish for Joe's; delightful long-range pinger from Murph; sublime pass for Isak's first; great team move for the fifth. Spurs looked a broken team but we were ridiculously good.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s was more like a nervous breakdown. 

Post game he sounded like a Vietnam veteran. 

Felt a bit like after he saved the first shot of the game and Spurs didn’t react to the follow up, he gave up up a bit. 

None of the goals were directly his fault (arguably could have got down quicker to save the fifth), but seemed like he’d checked out already tbh.