Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

Just watching those highlights (with Radio Newcastle commentary) and what was great was, there was a match with 7 goals scored in total, and none of them were dubious, and/or needed any kind of VAR check.

Edited by TK-421

Given the likely implications for CL qualification, probably a top 4 result since I’ve started following the club, alongside 4-4 at home against Arsenal (RIP Cheick), 2-0 away at Stamford Bridge, and 2-0 at home against Liverpool with Jose Enrique playing goalkeeper?

Maybe I’ve missed a couple from the years I was away, but I suspect not many good things happened in that time period.

Just now, OCK said:

wtf as if people watch people, watching football. [emoji38] 

I guess if you’re a fan of a club it’s good to watch the reactions to good results back, and for the other team good to see your reactions, but watching people watch the match over watching the match yourself? At that point you have just eaten yourself.

Just now, OCK said:

wtf as if people watch people, watching football. [emoji38] 

I mean there is an entire television show based on watching people watch television so it’s not that far fetched. The kick off is really good show, imo.

On 04/04/2023 at 20:20, Yorkie said:

I feel like we're due something truly iconic post-Ashley. Been some class wins obviously but nothing yet that goes into any lists. Arsenal last season and Sunday are probably the closest to it so far, I suppose?

Very timely, cheers lads. :thup:

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I guess if you’re a fan of a club it’s good to watch the reactions to good results back, and for the other team good to see your reactions, but watching people watch the match over watching the match yourself? At that point you have just eaten yourself.

I remember going to a Seahawks game (NFL) and their stadium had a bar with TVs showing the game. One guy just sat there the entire time watching the game instead of going to his seat. Blew my mind at the time.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

I mean there is an entire television show based on watching people watch television so it’s not that far fetched. The kick off is really good show, imo.

We say this, but come Saturday at 3pm we have to do just that.

10 minutes ago, midds said:

No-one, as far as I'm aware, has started a game like that and been 5 up after 22 minutes. 

Man City were 5-0 up against Watford after 18 mins- Sept 2019. 

17 minutes ago, christ said:

“Piss off. Piss off. Piss off…fuck off.” 

Absolutely pissing myself laughing at that lol. 

While I have a touch of sympathy because we have all been there with this club... none of us is stupid enough to film our reactions and then post them online ?