Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Would have been surprised with anything else.

Would be great if Gordon put in a performance, if Longstaff is out for a while we'll need Joelinton and Willock in midfield so we'll need for Gordon to step up or ASM to get fit pretty soon.

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Isak scored 2 against spuds and ‘dropped’ for Everton. It’s rotation with 3 games in a week - especially necessary with Wilson’s fitness record.  

Nah I get it but it does feel a bit shan.

14 minutes ago, Shak said:

Would have been surprised with anything else.

Would be great if Gordon put in a performance, if Longstaff is out for a while we'll need Joelinton and Willock in midfield so we'll need for Gordon to step up or ASM to get fit pretty soon.

The BBC put us set up as Gordon being in Longstaff’s position and while that is unlikely to be the case and he will go out on the left, it did get me thinking as to if Gordon could potentially fill the midfield spot and what attributes we would miss out on by him being there compared to Longstaff.

I think the game is too important to try it but I know he has played attacking midfield before.

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The BBC put us set up as Gordon being in Longstaff’s position and while that is unlikely to be the case and he will go out on the left, it did get me thinking as to if Gordon could potentially fill the midfield spot and what attributes we would miss out on by him being there compared to Longstaff.

I think the game is too important to try it but I know he has played attacking midfield before.

Ancelotti saw him as 10 potential after playing him WL

Edited by PauloGeordio