Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton (30/04/2023)

BlueStar

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

No way you’d sign JWP. Shit and runs in treacle but you’d take KWP, Lavia or Alcaraz as a squaddie.

Think Lavia would be more than a squad player he absolutely bossed the midfield today.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Lavia would be more than a squad player he absolutely bossed the midfield today.

He’ll go back to City if they’ve any sense given the deal they have in place. 

There is something sweet (or maybe sinister) I enjoy about today - it reminded me of us during relegation seasons/battles of the Ashley era where we may go in first half a goal up then the other superior team blows us away second half. These days (and hopefully for the foreseeable) that superior side is us.

image.png.18b035249369b75e524e6e9019ee2851.png

Edited by Amir_9

50 minutes ago, Disco said:

No way you’d sign JWP. Shit and runs in treacle but you’d take KWP, Lavia or Alcaraz as a squaddie.

I need to see more of Lavia.  

He’s good at spinning out of pressure and would seem the ideal six for us, but need to see his distribution. Not convinced Alcaraz offers what we don’t already have.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Craig Hope is a…

I actually thought Gordon was OK? Decision making wasn't great but he was our only threat in that first half.

Lavia would be a great fit for us. He's the same as Bruno in that he's happy to receive the ball under pressure because he knows he has the touch/skill/strength to retain possession. 

11 minutes ago, Viana said:

I need to see more of Lavia.  

He’s good at spinning out of pressure and would seem the ideal six for us, but need to see his distribution. Not convinced Alcaraz offers what we don’t already have.

True but both have clear potential in more than one role which seems to be transfer blueprint albeit I don’t think we’ll be after either.

The game went exactly as I expected it to when I logged on here this morning. The PL is very unpredictable sometimes, and it was never going to be all plain sailing.

Was a very edgy first half… spoke to Sven’s family pre game and they said he was very very tired yesterday. Explains the first half. We all looked very leggy.

Second half we were just mint. Never in doubt really after the first one was bundled in!

1 hour ago, Pata said:

I think last season was more down to momentum, we were good but nothing special. This season we are a legit top 4 team who play enjoyable football. Replacing Wood with Isak is pretty significant tbh. :lol:

and at a cost of less than £50m. :idiot2:

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The game went exactly as I expected it to when I logged on here this morning. The PL is very unpredictable sometimes, and it was never going to be all plain sailing.

Was a very edgy first half… spoke to Sven’s family pre game and they said he was very very tired yesterday. Explains the first half. We all looked very leggy.

Second half we were just mint. Never in doubt really after the first one was bundled in!

Glad we have a week break before the arsenal game now. 

Mind you, if Southampton go down, they should stick with Selles. He's an astute, articulate coach. He needs a clean slate. If they can keep a few, they will smash the champo.