Newcastle United 0-2 Arsenal (07/05/2023)

Disco

Just now, gbandit said:

Willock seems to scuff a lot of his chances, I don’t get it as he’s capable of striking the ball so cleanly. I think when he goes for too much pace he messes it up. 

Absolutely. There was no conviction in that shot at all, really frustrating. But if he does sort out his shooting we've got an unreal player on our hands. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The space Odegaard had to hit that was unacceptable, like. 

Very annoying goal due to how preventable it is. Everybody knows to not give that guy a chance to shoot from outside the box.

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

Mission one is to keep the goal difference down here, we're lucky it's only 0-1.

We look alright in attack but, unfortunately, the defence has completely freefalled in recent times.

Hope Eddie finds a way to turn this around because the current plan won't score.

The current plan won’t score other than a shot off the post, a well worked corner that was almost a pen / would have been on goal, and a free shot from Willock that he really should have scored?

Isak has been wasted in that half. I don’t know how we change it to get him in the game and hopefully Eddie can come up with something. Maybe a change of shape and go 4-4-1-1 and give him a free role.

Whatever happens, they’re going to get more chances on the break with their quality on the ball and pace on the break 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

:lol: He expected the rules to be applied appropriately. He's new. He'll learn.

He basically didn’t even protest it, that’s when you know. The replay isn’t all that conclusive to me, his shorts are gonna move anyway. 

Re the Willock chance - if he tries to put that far stick there’s a really good chance that the defender‘s blocks the shot.  He scuffs it a bit because he’ll have needed to change the direction of the shot when he realises the defender is likely to block it. 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Isak has been wasted in that half. I don’t know how we change it to get him in the game and hopefully Eddie can come up with something. Maybe a change of shape and go 4-4-1-1 and give him a free role.

Whatever happens, they’re going to get more chances on the break with their quality on the ball and pace on the break 

Everything going down the right, or at least most things. Need to mix it up a bit more. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

NBC delighted the title is still on. Howay Man City.

Title isn’t on like - Man City one point ahead and a game in hand aren’t messing that up.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wasn’t a pen like. Unfortunately/fortunately delete as appropriate. 

It wasn’t, but if it was at the other end they would have given it, and that same one that was given against us vs Brentford has not been repaid which I thought was suppose to happen?

It's been 4 good chances to them, 2 to us. It wasn't a pen, it hit his thigh.

Bruno has been poor, Isak hasn't got into it.

Arsenal have played us, in the same way we played them, we shouldn't whinge.

This game isn't over.

Just now, Yorkie said:

So was it overturned because or was absolutely conclusive that it hit the guy's leg before it hit his arm? My unbuttered arse. 

Aye it’s total crap the only ground to overturn should be if the ball didn’t hit his hand, the deflection shouldn’t be relevant as the penalty was given.