Newcastle United 0-2 Arsenal (07/05/2023)

Disco

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Arsenal have been good. Helped them getting the goal but they've settled and probably should have had a second to be honest.

I understand intensity being our identity and all that but I think we've taken it too far here. We've looked sloppy, wreckless and lacking in control with out play. It feels like we're a second away from another Liverpool (H) moment of madness from one player that ends the contest.

Totally agree. We've not played badly and have had chances but it's Arsenal's game atm, not ours. We're not in control. 

Down the hill second half, fucking come on. 

Some half of football :lol:

Feels like we could have been 2-0 up yet we could also easily have been 4-0 down.

Isak is incredible every time the ball comes near him, like. I'd really consider going 4-4-1-1 and playing him in the hole and getting it into him as quick as possible. Would also reduce how often we're getting caught in possession in midfield.

Would like to see Gordon on for Murphy, Murphy has got into several good positions and his final ball has been dreadful every time.

Not sure how much Maxi has in him but hopefully he can get the last 25 or 30 minutes.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, JUICE690 said:

Need a change of game plan. Theirs is working, ours isn’t.

We don’t, we just need to be more patient than some absolute fannies.

We have and are totally in this game.

Mission one is to keep the goal difference down here, we're lucky it's only 0-1.

We look alright in attack but, unfortunately, the defence has completely freefalled in recent times.

Hope Eddie finds a way to turn this around because the current plan won't score.

Still only one goal in it despite their chances. Need to cut out the mistakes and getting drawn into their shithousery.  Murphy off for ASM. Bruno to sit and protect the defence a bit more.

Good half of football that. We started really well, but Arsenal have taken control since the goal. The midfield definetly lacks a bit of energy without Longstaff and they've cut through and looked dangerous on the break. 

That said we've still looked dangerous, there's definetly more goals in this.

Just now, Shak said:

Some half of football :lol:

Feels like we could have been 2-0 up yet we could also easily have been 4-0 down.

Isak is incredible every time the ball comes near him, like. I'd really consider going 4-4-1-1 and playing him in the hole and getting it into him as quick as possible. Would also reduce how often we're getting caught in possession in midfield.

Would like to see Gordon on for Murphy, Murphy has got into several good positions and his final ball has been dreadful every time.

Not sure how much Maxi has in him but hopefully he can get the last 25 or 30 minutes.

Think we’ll see Miggy rather than Gordon, but could do with his aggression (controlled obvs).

Just now, Yorkie said:

Totally agree. We've not played badly and have had chances but it's Arsenal's game atm, not ours. We're not in control. 

Down the hill second half, fucking come on. 

Aye, that goal changed it because at that point Arsenal have the win they need to keep their title chance alive. At 0-0 they were much more open and chasing the win more.

We have still opened them up at 1-0 though, there is a goal in this for us and if we get to 1-1, I think we’ll see out the draw.

3 minutes ago, Beren said:

Good half overall.

Sign of the progress within a single season that we've made. The away leg we were clinging on to a draw.

This game it's very even between two good sides. We definitely still feel very open on the counter.

The goal was really disappointing. My footballing pet hate is not closing down players on the edge of the box.

Isak feels a bit wasted and marooned out on the left against this quality of opposition. Not like he can really link up with Burn on the overlap either.

Need to stay defensively sharp and switched on. Think we will score, but not sure we won't concede again at this rate.

They were ready for Isak on the left. Putting two men on him as soon as he gets it and there’s little threat of Burn doing anything. 

Just now, Mike said:

Man, this team plus Tiote would have been something.

Imagine the yellow cards between him and Big Joe.

They'd never have played together apart from the first five games of a season...

[emoji38]

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Kiwor definitely thought he’d handballed, he looked guilty as fuck 

:lol: He expected the rules to be applied appropriately. He's new. He'll learn.

I agree, we have created plenty of chances and been wasteful. We’ll create more.

Id like to see Isak get a few minutes in the centre.. Wilson has been decent but we have options so why not switch around.

Our midfield has been the weak link today. Giving little protection to the back line and falling for their shithousing.

Eddie needs to read them the riot act at half time and I think he will.