Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

Only saw the second half but that was a bottling performance.

Couldn't match the intensity or physicality of a clogger team. Played their game instead of ours.

Fair play to Leeds for their desire.

There are a few on here that need to chill the fuck out. You don't automatically win every game. There's a middle ground and it's often called a draw.

We were sloppy but it was always going to be a frantic, full-throttle game. Disappointing not to win, not much Trippier could do tbh, take the draw and move on.

We are weak as fuck mentally. 

It showed in the run up to the league cup final and it's showing now with a CL spot on the line. 

We need to learn to toughen up in these situations. 

6 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Point closer to the 7 needed I guess 

That’s where I am.  I’d rather have 3 today and a point on Thursday but Thursday is now a must win.

Days like today just show how short in depth we are and how some players have overplayed for this year and the 2nd half of last year.

Imm gutted because it’s in our own hands but we are making it difficult for ourselves.

The game was there for us and we didn’t take it.

Poor result v a poor side. Too many individuals below par. Disappointing. 

But it's still in our hands. 2 back to back home games, win both we're in the CL mathematically. Howay, get behind the lads.

Just now, Bizza said:

We are weak as fuck mentally. 

It showed in the run up to the league cup final and it's showing now with a CL spot on the line. 

We need to learn to toughen up in these situations. 

A team that is weak as fuck mentally doesn't go from 19th in the league to European Spots in less than 18 months. 

Abso rubbish performance but a point gained. Feels like the Isak/Wilson experiment has knocked us off a bit, tbh. I thought Wilson was rubbish outside of his pens and Isak is going to struggle to build momentum with so many positional changes in a match.