Newcastle United 0-0 Leicester City (22/05/2023)

Mike

39 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Amanda very emotional at the end of the match cam there, definitely in tears after hugging Eddie 

Noticed also in Eddie post match P.C. he talks about a moment on the pitch with the owners, and they mentioned/reflected how far they'd come in such a short time, and things that were said when he joined, and he seemed to get a bit emotional too.

This club, man. :'( :smitten:

Edited by TK-421

1 hour ago, mikejaxer said:

Definitely got choked up a bit there when Amanda was clearly feeling it. What a fucking club man.

Bet she laid down last night thinking she made the right call. She helped unleash this club on the world again. We have no ceiling. Newcastle vs Everybody. Let’s fucking go. 

Edited by cubaricho

Hard not to get emotional watching that match cam. We thoroughly deserve this after what we have been through under Ashley. Im so happy for everyone who has been involved in this. Its bitter-sweet for me because I know we will have new faces and some of the guys who helped us get here will likely either be gone or have a lesser role moving forward. They are club legends regardless. Ive never been more proud of a team, manager, supporters etc. We've come a long way from Boumsong.  

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Was everyone there? Didn't see Fraser?

He must feel like such an idiot. Last year he was a major part of the squad, loved on social media with his little and large routine with BDB, now cast out and missed out on being part of the biggest achievement of his career due to throwing his toys out of the pram.

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

I'm in bits watching that match cam. What a club we have become man. I'm lost for words. It's beyond my wildest dreams already. Hard to believe that this is real life.

We’ll need our own version of ‘We’re not really here…’ if this kind of stuff continues. Surreal. (Maybe Bohemian Rhapsody could be adapted!)

10 hours ago, SteV said:

Did I hear @Heron get a good luck message for his upcoming wedding last night?

You did mate. I only heard it when it was sent to me after like. Just got in to our hotel now after 2 hours driving. Been shitieng myself driving on the right in a LHD down the A4 between Milan and Venice. Some decent champions league scouting...   :lol:

Edited by Heron

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The lad in all white behind the goal after Castagne's shot :lol: 

Sits just in front of me. There’s a small group of them, probably in their late teens. Always seem quite pissed up, but not in a negative way. 

They’ve been absolutely loving it this season (obviously). Great time to be that age and going to the match when things are as they are now.

7 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

He must feel like such an idiot. Last year he was a major part of the squad, loved on social media with his little and large routine with BDB, now cast out and missed out on being part of the biggest achievement of his career due to throwing his toys out of the pram.

Did the full story ever come out? What actually happened?

6 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Did the full story ever come out? What actually happened?

Rumour went around that he had a scrap with Tripps and got floored, but Howe was pissed off with his attitude regarding it/how he started it all so was demoted

It's 36 hours since I got back in the house after match Monday - and I'm still walking around the house singing the champions league song in that high pitched way - is that normal behaviour? Is that allowed? Is that wrong? P.S. I am 52 years old.

4 hours ago, Bally21 said:

It's 36 hours since I got back in the house after match Monday - and I'm still walking around the house singing the champions league song in that high pitched way -

is that normal behaviour? No

Is that allowed? Yes

Is that wrong? No

P.S. I am 52 years old. Ok

Finally caught the highlights. The post put in a hell of a shift for Leicester.

Fully get why Leicester are facing the drop if they’ve rolled with this Iversen guy in goal all season. Looks like complete crap.

Edited by Deuce

11 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Finally caught the highlights. The post put in a hell of a shift for Leicester.

Fully get why Leicester are facing the drop if they’ve rolled with this Iversen guy in goal all season. Looks like complete crap.

It's actually been Danny Ward for the majority of the season who is somehow worse. Iversen is an okay shot stopper but his distribution is awful. 

I don't necessarily agree with some people saying it's very concerning that we couldn't break down a team who parked the bus, we were very unlucky. Also being ineffective in some games against relegation fighting teams can happen to anyone. We will probably get some players in the window who can score some of those chances or open up defences like that. The thing that did concern me a little bit was the last 10 minutes. We've been fine in high pressure games lately, and did okay against Leicester (not looking too nervous) until the last 10. But when it really mattered towards the end, they started making silly mistakes because of the nerves. It was really obvious just by watching it on TV, and Howe said it himself. Being able to handle nerves in the most important games are so crucial. Teams in the Champions League will punish us for that easily. Our defenders kept passing the ball around only to lose it any time Leicester started putting them under a bit of pressure. They looked like they were panicking at the end. Hopefully this is not something that repeats itself, especially with players of higher quality coming in.

Edited by Erikse

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t pick that up at all. If anything the defenders were happy to pass it about and people like Bruno wanted to risk the ball by trying to score. 

Schar made a ridiculous five yard pass straight to a Leicester player like. Was like a hot potato with Burn and Botman for a few consecutive passes. To the point i was screaming just knock it long into the opposite corner