Newcastle United 0-0 Leicester City (22/05/2023)

Mike

I don't know how Newcastle didn't win that 2-0.

Matches like this vs a low block are what Newcastle will need to overcome next season. Most of the chances were created from set-pieces.

But anyway, it's job done. CL football means that higher profile players will be attracted to the project. 

6 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

I don't know how Newcastle didn't win that 2-0.

Matches like this vs a low block are what Newcastle will need to overcome next season. Most of the chances were created from set-pieces.

But anyway, it's job done. CL football means that higher profile players will be attracted to the project. 

After watching our bore draws with Palace and Bournemouth when they played that way, I wasn't looking forward to playing Leeds last week after Sam rocked up there. Same yesterday when Dean Smith decided that was the way to go. We do struggle against the low block, but it was more bad finishing than anything else last night, we should have won 3-0 I reckon.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That last paragraph has stuck in my mind for ages. One day.

I remember the day well too. Smashing Forest, somehow Liverpool (lol) could only draw their game so we finished second, back in the days when only the top two made it into CL. Oh and Sunderland AND Boro went down, not a bad afternoon :lol:

9 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Every replay of the Leicester chance turns my stomach.  So close.  Pope did so well to direct it to a Newcastle player assuming that was deliberate!

Was it Longstaff who nearly slipped over as the last man as well? Almost vomited during that. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Just a small contrast to the walk of shame in Big Steven's last full season where he was only able to manage a stand's length of the pitch before being roundly booed and then fucking off promptly down the tunnel :lol:

All of that was unreal.

Hard to imagine things going wrong when you look at that. So powerful and moving.

Imagine anyone wanting to leave that? Such investment has gone into the spirit of the club.

Amanda crying tears of joy.... if anyone thinks these owners are going to relax and become complacent, they are mistaken.

I can imagine Jamie and Mehrdad having a few glasses wine, musing over future signings, joking about who's going to pick up the tab etc.

Honestly can't wait for the future.