Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

17 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Without wanting to put a dampener on things, Paris and Milan will be two crap away days outside of the games themselves. Terrible cities for football. 

Dortmund is so good though :bluestar:

Someone said it was shite?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Well played sir. I'm reading it twice to see if I can convince myself of the merits of this argument.

I can get behind this. I think some portion of supporters were getting a little ahead of themselves. This week (and back to City) maybe a bit of a reality check. And there's something to be said for us truly being the underdog here vs. a group where expectations would be higher. It's certainly not impossible to finish 3rd and get into the Europa League and maybe we'll even do better than that.

10 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I was reading the Atleti sub Reddit and they were desperate to avoid us. I’m stoked, personally 

PSG subreddit is full of people either losing their minds or saying “it’s ok, we’ll beat Dortmund and Milan” [emoji38]

A year and a half into this new journey….

Slightly pissed off we got nowt against city… devastated we lost late on to Liverpool…. And now a champions league draw against the big boys of Europe… 

I fuckinnnnnn love it man…. 

It is the sort of group that will raise our profile massively throughout Europe if we hold our own, every team in there will be fancying their chances in the home games which is what makes it such an interesting group.

Remember, it’s seen as such a difficult group because we are in there. The other teams will be gutted that we came out of the hat.

Absolutely happy with the draw. Do we really want the easy route all the time? If we want the rest of the world to notice us, we play these bastards off the park. Here's our opportunity - take it! 

And if we go no further than the group stages, we live and learn from it. As someone said... patience is a virtue. 

Just now, Stifler said:

We deserve more than £2m if we win a game like. Man City get the same amount of money for beating Young Boys as we get for beating PSG, AC Milan, or Dortmund.

If we win it and Man City are beaten in the semis they get more than us.

Just now, Stifler said:

We deserve more than £2m if we win a game like. Man City get the same amount of money for beating Young Boys as we get for beating PSG, AC Milan, or Dortmund.

Wait till you hear about the coefficient prize money...

Can't relate to anyone having fears or being miserable about the draw like. I get the fact it's tough but it's the elite club competition on the planet, it's not supposed to be easy. It's 6 fixtures that you'll remember and cherish for years to come too, what's the point of qualifying if you're going to be too scared to enjoy it, fuck it, let's just see what happens

10 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Chuffed wuth that group. Would rather big teams than some minnows.

Minnows all the way for me. Can’t get my head round this mentality. I just want us to have the biggest possibility of winning. We’re you chuffed to draw Man City in the league cup :lol:?

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Okay so here's my optimistic outlook ...

Milan and Dortmund have strikers that are bigger and not as mobile, which will suit our central defenders. I'm also not convinced their central midfielders are that great.

There's a world where we could finish second. 

It's going to be very very interesting. At least it's a chance to really see how we stack up with some top European sides.

Man this year isn't the one to worry about getting out of the groups or not, we're back in it for 20 odd years, we're playing some European heavyweights, and the Worlds best player is going to be coming to town. 

Lets give it our best, and fucking enjoy where we are.

Honestly the players will probably be happy about this. You want to play in the Champions League to be on the world stage and to play the best. That's PSG, Dortmund, and Milan - not a group that could be mistaken for the Europa League. And I think the lower expectations could help with nerves.