Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

We’ll always have that night at home under the lights v Paris. The best fucking football match I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

That was a pretty closely fit squad + Tonali; imagine if Eddie had the full squad available for this CL campaign in the group of death, eh? We’d have won the bloody group or finished 2nd easily. Instead we nearly snagged it but for some injustice in Paris and a few daft turns of luck on Wednesday. 

Must keep reminding ourselves that this is all part of our long and fun journey in the post Mike Ashley era. 

Edited by Kanji

When this happens in the FA Cup, I think I'm right in thinking that saying "ffs we would've got X" doesn't actually make sense (cos of ball numbers)... but in this case I assume we would've actually got Sociedad?

If so, ffs. :lol:

PSG look the outlier of the runners up, and Sociedad for those who topped the groups, so typical they'd be drawn together...

Napoli vs Barcelona probably the stand out tie, Inter vs Atletico perhaps the closest on paper.

Reckon Arsenal might win the whole thing unfortunately. They are much more boring this season and Rice just dominates the entire middle third of the pitch. They have the control required to win knockout games against anyone. 

25 minutes ago, Paullow said:

PSG look the outlier of the runners up, and Sociedad for those who topped the groups, so typical they'd be drawn together...

Napoli vs Barcelona probably the stand out tie, Inter vs Atletico perhaps the closest on paper.

Both Barca and Napoli have been really bad this season - Barca especially given their talent 

On 15/12/2023 at 12:35, Kanji said:

We’ll always have that night at home under the lights v Paris. The best fucking football match I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

That was a pretty closely fit squad + Tonali; imagine if Eddie had the full squad available for this CL campaign in the group of death, eh? We’d have won the bloody group or finished 2nd easily. Instead we nearly snagged it but for some injustice in Paris and a few daft turns of luck on Wednesday. 

Must keep reminding ourselves that this is all part of our long and fun journey in the post Mike Ashley era. 

Aye gutting like, Botman, Tonali, Barnes even a fit Murphy etc and we go through that group.