Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Howay man, that's clearly not the case, and a vast over over exaggeration of Minteh's abilities, I get you rate him, but that's way over the top.

Besides they sold Cole Palmer, Ferran Torres and the like over the years :lol:

They sold Palmer becaus they couldn’t guarantee his minutes so Palmer wanted to leave. And I think they probably regret it. 

Ferram Torres, James Trafford, Douglas Luiz, Edozie, Bazunu- not good enough. That’s the Real Madrid model.  

I don’t mean Minteh will be as good as Foden. City sell youngsters because they will not be good enough for City or the youngster wants to leave and play.  If the kids want to stay and they rate the kid - they’ll keep him. That’s Rico Lewis and Phil Foden. 

We aren’t selling Minteh because we don  think he’s good enough so we’ll take the money. Man City have never sold a player for FFP violation reasons - they’ll break the rules before they do that (allegedly). 

Just now, madras said:

As much as I like Neesy that was hilarious.

One of the funniest things alongside the old type in public thread. Loved reading the chat section at work,it disappeared so had to join. Obviously a few will see that as a bad thing like ha

Just now, gjohnson said:

Long and short is that flogging a player that's never played for us for 5 times what we paid is good business on paper no matter how he turns out.

This balls could all be sorted out by one simple rule change...all transfers to be paid up front and in full. Then there's none of this amortisation crap, no being able to sell a player 10m to be able to fund 50m in transfers. And no more "undisclosed" fees. Then it's open, honest and ultimately fair

Oh aye.  The fact he has gone to Brighton makes me a little nervous that he is going to be baller (they don't get much wrong).  If he is the second coming of Messi I will be sick.

If you can make 5 times what you bought a player for in todays game, more often than not you have to take that and be ecstatic with it. 

When it is a player like Minteh who is an unknown in the league it is more paletable.  But even if it is a Bruno, who can bring in £100m you probably have to take it and trust your scouting network to make it work.  One bad injury and that £100m man can become worthless very quickly.

I say all this realising we get attached to players and if Isak, Bruno or Gordon were to leave i'd struggle to be happy about it mind.

The fact that PSR is now the number one topic in the premier league is abysmal in my opinion and I hope something changes.

£33m on the Brighton scale = better than Messi doesn't it? hahaha haha 

Either way, don't give a shit tbh, Edward (who I love on par with a brother I'm on good terms with) is happy with losing him, at worst begrudgingly, at best willingly, and that's all I care about. He knows more about football than me, than you, than most. My reservations are bequeathed by his prowess. Go on Edward, go on. 

I've had one pint. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

If it was Chelsea we'd be rueing how they've managed to get a massive wedge in for a player that's never kicked a ball for them.

with ffp/psr romance is dead - forget about bringing in young players with the intent of them breaking into the first team more than selling them to fund other aspects of the club,  forget about local players being kept just for the feels of it, forget about buying players your club can actually afford.

Its shit but don't hate the player hate the game

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

£33m on the Brighton scale = better than Messi doesn't it? hahaha haha 

Either way, don't give a shit tbh, Edward (who I love on par with a brother I'm on good terms with) is happy with losing him, at worst begrudgingly, at best willingly, and that's all I care about. He knows more about football than me, than you, than most. My reservations are bequeathed by his prowess. Go on Edward, go on. 

I've had one pint. 

I’m not sure Howe had much say/choice in the decision tbh.

Good business but a shit sale, he’d have been very interesting on the right this season.

We’ll never know now. Best of luck to him, I’ve a feeling he’s going to end up being a cult figure at one of the big clubs down the line.

Why are people digging at Harvey Barnes? He was bought for 5 million more and only about 7 mill of that even counts on this years finances, so we would have needed to sell anyway. We would have had to have done zero business last summer to have not sold a player who might or might not become a really good player.

That's also before you take into a account that Harvey Barnes is 1 in 4 Premier League wide man, and we haven't seen the best of him yet either

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

He's on ignore, I jack flashed him on day one(that's how long I have lurked :lol:). Don't think he ever posts in chat does he?

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

One of the funniest things alongside the old type in public thread. Loved reading the chat section at work,it disappeared so had to join. Obviously a few will see that as a bad thing like ha

Always assumed you must've been a regen. It's good when long time lurkers start posting. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They sold Palmer becaus they couldn’t guarantee his minutes so Palmer wanted to leave. And I think they probably regret it. 

Ferram Torres, James Trafford, Douglas Luiz, Edozie, Bazunu- not good enough. That’s the Real Madrid model.  

I don’t mean Minteh will be as good as Foden. City sell youngsters because they will not be good enough for City or the youngster wants to leave and play.  If the kids want to stay and they rate the kid - they’ll keep him. That’s Rico Lewis and Phil Foden. 

We aren’t selling Minteh because we don  think he’s good enough so we’ll take the money. Man City have never sold a player for FFP violation reasons - they’ll break the rules before they do that (allegedly). 

How can you possibly know what the people at the club actually think about Minteh?

There's literally people on the Feyenoord forum calling the guy a headless chicken. We're not talking about a player even all of their fans are all raving about here.

This is pretty strange man. I'm just not sure how you can be so sold on this guy becoming a world beater.

27 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Would it be possible for you to stop being such a condescending prick, or is that too much to ask..?

Too much to ask I feel. He’s positively giddy right now 

10 minutes ago, madras said:

And if it's reinvested in the RW of our dreams, like an Olise ?

From an earlier discussion on here, it's unsure if the Minteh money goes towards simply paying off our deficit, or if it's available to spend going forwards. Could be the case its just gonzo, to offset all our previous spending. 

1 minute ago, M1tche said:

Why are people digging at Harvey Barnes? He was bought for 5 million more and only about 7 mill of that even counts on this years finances, so we would have needed to sell anyway. We would have had to have done zero business last summer to have not sold a player who might or might not become a really good player.

That's also before you take into a account that Harvey Barnes is 1 in 4 Premier League wide man, and we haven't seen the best of him yet either

If he was available for the season we would have a lot more money now , freak injury but he was a good signing 

18 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Quite literally exactly like selling Foden at 18/19, before he was a known quantity, and all he had was promise

No because you need to compare the situations of the respective clubs at the material time. There wasn’t even PSR when city sold foden. They’d won titles they could spend their money and had a far better squad. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Always assumed you must've been a regen. It's good when long time lurkers start posting. 

Always told paully I'd never sign up, I am an argumentative cunt at times so didn't trust myself on the football side. So really it's your fault for hiding chat to lurkers ha