Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

Matching the highest fee Brighton's ever paid, and for a 19 year old no less, I think really tells the whole story. It does not diminish your fandom to be critical of the club, and I cannot understand why so many have such a visceral reaction to even the suggestion that this was not the optimal way of meeting PSR constraints. Just no need to get so worked up about valid criticism.

Right move in the here and now? Absolutely. Are fans allowed to be upset we've let a true talent go because we've made some questionable moves? Yes.

2 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

From an earlier discussion on here, it's unsure if the Minteh money goes towards simply paying off our deficit, or if it's available to spend going forwards. Could be the case its just gonzo, to offset all our previous spending. 

Both are true though, yes it plugs a gap this year but that extra increases future years too

Just now, Upthemags said:

Matching the highest fee Brighton's ever paid, and for a 19 year old no less, I think really tells the whole story. It does not diminish your fandom to be critical of the club, and I cannot understand why so many have such a visceral reaction to even the suggestion that this was not the optimal way of meeting PSR constraints. Just no need to get so worked up about valid criticism.

Right move in the here and now? Absolutely. Are fans allowed to be upset we've let a true talent go because we've made some questionable moves? Yes.

We haven’t really made any questionable moves. I mean, question them if you want, but the answers are pretty clear. 

Just now, STM said:

Posters who leave and come back with different names because they are worried people know who they are, are strange.

Just going to leave that right there.Peter Griffin Work GIF

If that is directed at me I can assure you my username leaves very little margin for error on that score :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Are many people suggesting that?

Whatever it is it is, sometimes you've got to take a punch to land a punch. Been said before but the proliferation of chat about things like asset management, revenue streams, amortisation, player ceilings etc etc is dull as shit though especially when nobody can really know whats going on beyond a vaguely educated guess.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We haven’t really made any questionable moves. I mean, question them if you want, but the answers are pretty clear. 

80+ million pound on two co-lieutenants on the left wing, with miggy almiron starting on the right, under PSR constraints, is a misallocation any way you slice it

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

If he was available for the season we would have a lot more money now , freak injury but he was a good signing 

Agreed, we would have seen less of Almiron and Murphy, had it not happened and made Europe, maybe even got our of our champs league group. How low people seem to rate Barnes is baffling 

5 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

From an earlier discussion on here, it's unsure if the Minteh money goes towards simply paying off our deficit, or if it's available to spend going forwards. Could be the case it’s just gonzo, to offset all our previous spending. 

Because of the rolling nature of PSR it’s both. 

10 minutes ago, Ritchies Furrowed Brow said:

Oh aye.  The fact he has gone to Brighton makes me a little nervous that he is going to be baller (they don't get much wrong).  If he is the second coming of Messi I will be sick.

Wow ...

So who are the stars that have come through at Brighton exactly.

Even with Caicedo all I saw was people saying he was overrated and never worth what Chelsea paid for him on here. And he's hardly been revolutionary for them.

And so who are these examples that should have us so worried about Brighton's expertise?

1 minute ago, duo said:

I don't get how people can blame the club - it's these ridiculous rules that are at fault.

Because the club know them and should have the wherewithal to abide by them. No matter how much we hate them, we know the consequences if you breach. 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

How can you possibly know what the people at the club actually think about Minteh?

There's literally people on the Feyenoord forum calling the guy a headless chicken. We're not talking about a player even all of their fans are all raving about here.

This is pretty strange man. I'm just not sure how you can be so sold on this guy becoming a world beater.

Do you think the people at the club want to sell him for football reasons? What do you think of Brightons recruitment approach?

I’m not sold on Minteh becoming a world beater. I’m sold that the underlying data for Minteh suggests that he’s one of the most promising teenage wingers in Europe. I think the evidence pointed out high potential when he was in scandi and we paid a pretty penny at the time to take the risk. The evidence points again that the kid is a problem which is why several clubs are willing to spend £30m on a teenager with 1 season in the Eredivisie. Including the smartest operators in the premier league Brighton.