Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think this is true. If we could’ve sold Miggy, I’m sure Howe would’ve loved to have given Minteh a look. 

Also Minteh’s another good season from adding another £10-20m to his value. We’re potentially selling Nvidia stock in 2019.  Which is why Brighton want him. If he continues to develop at the rate he has, he’ll be worth double in 24 months. But we’ve had to take the short term money to save our bacon. 

I doubt he’d ever have had the playing time here to get to £60m in 2 years, we may as well bank the £33 and hopefully have a sell on or buy back.

its the same as with Toney, had we kept him he would never have become the player he is now.

anyway, we still have our Aussie superstar to put all hopes onto

Does show you how much football has changed when people are upset at getting £33m for someone who hasn't played a game. :lol:

We're getting £5/6m for our youngsters that have top flight experience. £33m is insane. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

This sums up my feelings too, it's such an odd one.

Gross in a way that this is what you need to do to be a successful team at a proper level, although I guess for a lot of clubs (Man City etc) it's been like that for a while.

We're so used to being buzzing at signing anyone with discernable talent, them being immediately into to the starting line up or at least match day squads and that's that.

It's going to take a while for me personally to get used to this new way of working where we sign players who are entirely assets as such and never really intended for the team (even if Minteh originally was meant to impact the first eleven).

This iteration of modern football is wank

Yeah, City have just rafts of talent, a conveyor belt of £20m+ youngsters who’ll see them (cough) clear of FFP issues forever. That’s where we want to be. Look at Palmer, very very good but they let him go. If that was us we’d be beside ourselves but they’re used to it and we probably will also have to get used to it. 

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

:lol: an awful lot of people who never saw him play a minute of football seem weirdly ready to declare we're losing a world class player.

The minute he leaves I'm firmly with all those Feyernoord fans that said he flatters to deceive and will never make it at the top level!

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Christ I've got a spring in me step now like. :lol: I've been an utter misery all fucking day with that Gordon stuff. 

I'm not convinced there was no truth to those stories but I'm very fucking happy that it's Minteh on his way instead. 

Ashworth's reputation spiking a bit as well, mind... this is incredible business 

Don’t look at Keith Downie’s tweet 

Just now, Froggy said:

Does show you how much football has changed when people are upset at getting £33m for someone who hasn't played a game. :lol:

We're getting £5/6m for our youngsters that have top flight experience. £33m is insane. 

It takes a fucking Man United fan to drop truth bombs. :lol:

4 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Perhaps not.

The issue the club got in is that FFP / PSR is done in a rolling 3 season block. By the end of this June the total losses for the last 3 years need to be £105m.

However the season 21/22 season, where the club bought a load of players but revenue was abysmal, now drops out and the 3 year period becomes 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25. the club can go again, but with higher revenues.

I would expect a similiar spend to last two summers. We will never ever get a crazy summer with PSR though

I don’t think this is right. We are bringing in the amortised cost of transfers and higher wages of all those seasons. We’re still to account for Isak, Bruno, Gordon etc. and the bigger wage bill. 

I expect we’ll need to sell to generate FFP headroom until we get some major revenue injections.  

PSR is a trap. Because big player sales are only accounted for 3 seasons. But big purchases and contracts are carried for 4-5 years.  The increase in Bruno’s wages likely offsets the Lower amortisation cost he has. 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Just ignoring the multiple people who have mentioned that we were in for Olise ?

I was in for Jennifer Anniston. About the same chance of Newcastle were to get Olise.

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Yeah, City have just rafts of talent, a conveyor belt of £20m+ youngsters who’ll see them (cough) clear of FFP issues forever. That’s where we want to be. Look at Palmer, very very good but they let him go. If that was us we’d be beside ourselves but they’re used to it and we probably will also have to get used to it. 

Man City have an elite and winning side though. A lot of the players they sell are not good enough for them. I’m sure many of their fans think selling Palmer was a mistake but the ends justify the means. They won the league again. 

Our situation isn’t the same. Man City have never sold a youngster they do not want to sell because of FFP 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

It takes a fucking Man United fan to drop truth bombs. :lol:

I'd rather you don't see me as a Man United fan, but rather as just an excellent forum poster. 

20 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Fantastic. Almiron and Murphy for another year.

Even if we ended up without signing a new RW, Gordon could still play as a RW and Barnes could be our LW. 

17 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's amazing how many people have been hoodwinked by the club into thinking this is a good idea. 

One of europes hottest properties sold without a game played so we could overspend on players like Barnes. Tragic in every sense. 

I’m with you on this mate

Just now, Froggy said:

I'd rather you don't see me as a Man United fan, but rather as just an excellent forum poster. 

Your pushing it pettle. ;)

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t look at Keith Downie’s tweet 

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Depressing:

Ignore the cunt, reports were we needed £30m and now shock horror the sly6 mouthpiece says we need more, sure the Swiss ramble said we needed about £30m I’m inclined to believe him over the sky idiot

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s the most talented RW we have in the squad. His ceiling is a £60m+ player in the weakest position we have in the squad. We could’ve sorted our weakest position in the squad with a £8m transfer. Instead we are likely to sell another player to fund a £30m+ RW that will be a significant FFP burden for another 4-5 years. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul type stuff. 

It’s the best result all things considered. But it does suck.  Had we sold a player we were happy to sell, everyone would be happy. If Minteh was a CM, less people would care. We have lots of options there. We don’t at RW. 

Wait, so you think Minteh was the answer on our right side? You are that convinced of him already?