Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

Presumably get him back for training over summer see if he can impress howe and decide whether to loan him out on that. Players take a little ring to get up to fitness for Howe so suspect about loan out to more physically demanding league

Just now, Tiresias said:

Presumably get him back for training over summer see if he can impress howe and decide whether to loan him out on that. Players take a little ring to get up to fitness for Howe so suspect about loan out to more physically demanding league

What does that look like? Germany, France? If we do qualify for Europe I’d definitely keep him here and he’ll get a good amount of game time if he’s good enough.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

What does that look like? Germany, France? If we do qualify for Europe I’d definitely keep him here and he’ll get a good amount of game time if he’s good enough.

Just depends on clubs judgement over summer see how he compares to first team in training and then will trust howes judgement. If he's a real talent but not quite there yet probably would be better if he plays a lot of games than occasional sub here

If he were to get solid minutes next season I would keep him. If we can’t get him good minutes I would have him back out on loan to Feyenoord.  

Hes done well there but I’d love for him to have a season there he just dominated. 

Still a little raw apparently, likely to go on loan to a promotion chasing championship club next season, no doubt there will be a recall clause in it though. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

New RW and Minteh back and we would have some decent wide options. Undecided if we should loan him out for another season or not though. Not sure what would be best. 

It's either bring in Minteh or buy a new RW for me. There's a chance we're not able to move on Murphy or Almiron. Minteh needs to play. Won't be getting any play time here with 3 RW's in front of him.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's either bring in Minteh or buy a new RW for me. There's a chance we're not able to move on Murphy or Almiron. Minteh needs to play. Won't be getting any play time here with 3 RW's in front of him.

Yeah i tend to agree. Especially if we don’t end up with European football. Would be class if he could come back and look great in preseason. Put that 40-50m into  another position instead.  

17 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yeah i tend to agree. Especially if we don’t end up with European football. Would be class if he could come back and look great in preseason. Put that 40-50m into  another position instead.  

Lets not neglect that RW position yet another transfer window. Put 50m on that RW position. Madness thinking Minteh will come in and dominate in the PL (not aimed at you), something we need from that position. Hes doing okey in an average league. Its a whole other thing doing it in the PL.

Edited by nufc123

25 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Still a little raw apparently, likely to go on loan to a promotion chasing championship club next season, no doubt there will be a recall clause in it though. 

Championship loan seems a step back considering he's played CL football and Eredivisie, especially the towards the top, is a better level than the Championship 

What the hell has happened to Ajax? 33 points off top, prob wont get CL, ensconced between Nijmegen and Go Ahead Eagles and signing washed Mackems (not many of them about I know). 

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Lets not neglect that RW position yet another transfer window. Put 50m on that RW position. Madness thinking Minteh will come in and dominate in the PL, something we need from that position. Hes doing okey in an average league. Its a whole other thing doing it in the PL.

I don’t expect him to come in and dominate. But maybe, just maybe he might look amazing in preseason and be a worthy option to consider as backup/rotation. Personally I would probably sign a class RW that we’ve needed for too long. But I also wouldn’t play Barnes left and Gordon right like Howe might be thinking. If that is his plan then I’d rather make sure we strengthen the 11 first and foremost which would mean other positions being prioritised. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I don’t expect him to come in and dominate. But maybe, just maybe he might look amazing in preseason and be a worthy option to consider as backup/rotation. Personally I would probably sign a class RW that we’ve needed for too long. But I also wouldn’t play Barnes left and Gordon right like Howe might be thinking. If that is his plan then I’d rather make sure we strengthen the 11 first and foremost which would mean other positions being prioritised. 

I dont mind him as back up at all, but people are almost talking about like hes "the RW". Agree on the Gordon/Barnes.

This guy looks plenty good enough to be one of two options on the right for us, as he seems to have an incredible work rate along with being a threat going forward when you look at his data.

We have to be very smart about where we spend our money next summer, and if we can incorporate Minteh and be shrewd with the other moves we make, we should be able to improve the squad without losing any of our main guys.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Will be a lot of noise about him after today. @Unbelievablekeep us posted about what they say about him over there please. It’s satisfying to hear quotes from media/people. 

Here's some noise from the man himself:

Yankuba Minteh will never forget Feyenoord's great victory over Ajax. "Today is my day," said the star after scoring twice in a historic Classic. The jubilant attacker was asked about his future.

Minteh told ESPN that he was very happy with the way Feyenoord was able to wash away the bad feeling after the loss of points at FC Volendam. "That hunger started with the coach and the players also have it in them," the nineteen-year-old winger said about the urge to put things right. “Today we pressed forward immediately when we lost the ball and we continued to play as a team.”

During the interview, images were shown of Feyenoord's fourth goal, the goal in which Minteh showed his class. In the penalty area he went to his left to beautifully curl the ball into the far corner. While the reporter was very enthusiastic about that goal, Minteh looked at the images coolly with a smile. 'This has been my specialty from an early age. I often scored like this in Gambia. For me that is a simple goal, yes," said Minteh.

On Sunday afternoon, the Gambian became the youngest Feyenoord player ever to score twice in a Classic in the Eredivisie. He also became the youngest Feyenoord player with a goal and an assist against Ajax in the competition since Leonardo in May 2001.
The smile remained on Minteh's face when it came to his future. The Newcastle United loanee initially did not want to say much about this so soon after a memorable match, but did say the following: 'If I get the chance, I will stay. But it depends on what Newcastle decide. It doesn't depend on me.'

Source: https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/minteh-scoorde-vaker-zoals-tegen-ajax-als-ik-de-kans-krijg-dan-blijf-ik

His manager's view:

"You see that players are developing. If you compare the current Minteh with that of the beginning of the season, such as the calm with which he scores the second goal. He was involved in a lot. I find it very special that while you are doing Ramadan, you can have such an incredible amount of fanaticism. He ate for the last time last night."