Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for sharing this, tweet summarised below:

Not unforgivable for a 18 year old imo, of course we will need to monitor his development closely though. 

Just get Lascelles to bray him on his first day and he'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If he joins now at 18, when he turns 21 will he be a shiny HG eligible player?

That's a good question

The rules simply state at least 3 years between 15 and 21

I would assume yes but not seen anything go into more detail than the above

26 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

This is what Brighton do, promising players fairly cheap from great scouting. 

Love how our club is now run, absolutely love it.

Brighton turn them into valuable assets, we haven't  yet.

I'd be surprised if every prem club at least, probably championship as well, don't have young players they've brought in from outside believing them to possible diamonds in the rough.

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's a good question

The rules simply state at least 3 years between 15 and 21

I would assume yes but not seen anything go into more detail than the above

The answer is yes...but you can't loan him out. You'll need a full 3 years so at 18 he needs to stay put. Same for kuol...we won't be able to loan him out again if we want him as HG.

Hiya, hope you’re all doing well. Here’s a 2-minute video detailing everything you need to know about new signing and wonderkid Yankuba Minteh for those interested. He’s a hell of a talent who has not only been playing week in week out at club level, but is also getting called up by his national side Gambia despite only being 18. As always, I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have down below, have a great weekend!  

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The answer is yes...but you can't loan him out. You'll need a full 3 years so at 18 he needs to stay put. Same for kuol...we won't be able to loan him out again if we want him as HG.

Is the loan rule not to do with the same association? So we can loan Kuol out to an English side but would be limited to just one loan but then can loan to another country after that if needs be?

We nearly got him in January didn’t we ?

I remember the links all over social media 

We might go in for a couple of these younger types in the window and 3 or 4 established players (potentially £130/£140m outlay!??) 

I can see us spending 1 x £50m/£60m

, 2 x £35m  and maybe a £20m player? 

All with huge potential/suiting Eddie howes philosophy.

exciting times….I still think we will be stretched with European football but FFP will mean it will take three or four more windows to get us a squad capable of playing 3 games a week.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hard to get too excited about people who are jut coming in to go out on loan, but it is exciting to know we're working on a plan for the future and actually looking to bring promising young players in. 

Pretty exciting when you look across at Brighton and see the types of youngsters coming through.

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Don't think that's how it works. Loaning them out doesn't negate HG status I don't think.

Right now I'm excited for every signing we make, but I do wonder if there'll come a time when spending a speculative €7m on an 18 year old prospect becomes so commonplace that it doesn't even warrant a thread.

One slight drawback of becoming a top side is... some really talented players might rightly never get a first-team opportunity. 

At the moment, if we have any eventual PL level footballer in our academy. It's total mismanagement if they never got any game time like a Toney.

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

One slight drawback of becoming a top side is... some really talented players might rightly never get a first-team opportunity

At the moment, if we have any eventual PL level footballer in our academy. It's total mismanagement if they never got any game time like a Toney.

Isn't that part if the plan ? Develop and if they are good but not up to where out first team is at that time, sell for a profit as that seems to be the clearest way to boost ffp.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

One slight drawback of becoming a top side is... some really talented players might rightly never get a first-team opportunity. 

Yep. It's all well and good talking about trying to emulate Brighton, but you imagine the path to our first team compared to theirs is going to be blocked by higher level players. 

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That's what loans are for. 

On 21/04/2023 at 13:58, mosstef said:

Local media here in Denmark says we have agreed to buy 18 year old Gambian forward Yankuba Minteh from Odense BK. The fee should be between 4 and 7 million £.

Edit: The Prophet beat me to it 😁

Turns out it was April when this was first mooted.