Yankuba Minteh

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Well worth 20-25m imo. Maybe even 30.  

Yeah I'd happily keep him and see him given the RW slot this season. I get that he's still quite raw, but he looks an exciting talent with an eye for goal.

Has anyone actually kept an eye out on some of the defending in the highlight vids I assume everyone's basing their opinions on? 

Not saying he's a bad player- he's clearly good - but I was never blown away by him based on the fact alot of the defending is appalling. 

https://youtu.be/ge9x3ciwhws?si=e-MYx5-lt1rAS0yt

Edited by Thumbheed

25 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Has anyone actually kept an eye out on some of the defending in the highlight vids I assume everyone's basing their opinions on? 

Not saying he's a bad player- he's clearly good - but I was never blown away by him based on the fact alot of the defending is appalling. 

https://youtu.be/ge9x3ciwhws?si=e-MYx5-lt1rAS0yt

Eddie, is that you?

My opinion on minteh is out there not going to add to it but I’m sure the same people who are saying he’s proved nothing the Eredivisie is shite etc are the same people that were buzzing about Elliott Anderson being in the squad after a season in league 2. 

league 2

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Howe is not going to part with this kid until he's seen him, imo.

Probably won't be up to him. Minteh was signed for one reason only, and it looks like it's working.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Probably won't be up to him. Minteh was signed for one reason only, and it looks like it's working.

I get that some people think that,  but I don't believe that will happen. 

Ryan Fraser is yet to move, and there's the wages of various players released, plus other possible sales.

The window isn't even open yet, everyone is on their holidays or playing in the Euros, and the papers/media have absolutely nothing to write about, pure speculation.

I must admit, I don't understand the reaction to this.

It's disappointing to sell a promising youngster and a buy back clause would be ideal, but suggestions of taking points deductions or that even that he's first team ready are  madness. The lad hadn't even played for us.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I must admit, I don't understand the reaction to this.

It's disappointing to sell a promising youngster and a buy back clause would be ideal, but suggestions of taking points deductions or that even that he's first team ready are  madness. The lad hadn't even played for us.

Imagine he played for another club coming back from having a good single season in the Eredivisie, carrying some hype to the point that another set of fans suggest taking a points deduction rather than selling? It’s mad, it’s arguments based on assumption.

Eddie will take a look, if he’s that’s good he won’t be sold.

Edited by Nine