Yankuba Minteh

18 minutes ago, Menace said:

Considering our lack of RW options. Why wouldn't he feature or make an appearance for us? Almiron / Murphy are approaching 30..

Because he is most likely nowhere near ready? 

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Because he is most likely nowhere near ready? 

Disagree. Cup and sub appearances to bring him through next season and we’ll see whether he cuts the mustard, particularly if we’re in the CL, UCL or EL.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Disagree. Cup and sub appearances to bring him through next season and we’ll see whether he cuts the mustard, particularly if we’re in the CL, UCL or EL.

He's finding his feet, is still very raw, and needs lots of game time. Bringing back will stifle his development. But hey, opinions.

7 minutes ago, hakka said:

He's finding his feet, is still very raw, and needs lots of game time. Bringing back will stifle his development. But hey, opinions.

I think the only way we bring him back is if we get into the Europa League. Happy with him staying at Feyenoord for the remainder but if Miggy got injured it would be the right thing.

It’s a difficult one. Presumably Murphy will be back in January so you can end up recalling him, getting no injuries to Almiron and Murphy second half the season and the lad barely plays.

I would keep him at Feyenoord, he is playing regularly for an exciting team, scoring goals and getting assists and getting European experience. Have a look at him in pre season. 

Kind of crazy how much we actually ended up needing him this season. If we knew what we know now, maybe we wouldn't send him on loan. Who would've thought.

If we had a spot available for him in the PL squad that is, I guess maybe not?

Edited by Erikse

28 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Kind of crazy how much we actually ended up needing him this season. If we knew what we know now, maybe we wouldn't send him on loan. Who would've thought.

If we had a spot available for him in the PL squad that is, I guess maybe not?

He's 19 so wouldn't take a squad space

However sending him on loan was the right thing for his development 

26 minutes ago, STM said:

He plays in the Dutch league, unless he's absolutely tearing it up, it counts for very little. He's got potential, thats it.

Probably still better than most players on our bench in the last 2 games? Look at our bench vs Chelsea. Hard to tell, but I wouldn't count on those players to be tearing it up in the Dutch league.

My point was not that "Oh he's so good, he would do wonders." My point is that we have 3 GKs and some fairly unknown academy players on our bench. Which we understandably didn't anticipate when we sent him on loan.

Edited by Erikse

Obviously an injury crisis gives us a legit reason to recall him, but if we want to foster good relationships with clubs we loan to it will probably help if we try and allow them to keep the player all year if at all possible. Notwithstanding that he seems like he's getting some good game time and experience.

9 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

He’s shown promise in CL games too though.

Koul nearly scored a late equaliser, against, eventual World Cup winners, Argenfuckingtina in the last 16. Where's he now :lol:

These kids need to learn their trade for consistency alone. 

Looks rapid and unpredictable. Having said that, he looks nowhere near ready to challenge for the 1st team next season based on what i've seen and read. Especially when considering that we will be looking at a proper key signing for our right hand side for next season at the latest. I'd let them have him for another season if possible. Best for him and the club imo. We will be looking to improve the 1st team in the next two windows hopefully aiming for high quality technical players. We don't want to go in to next season with Miggy only, with Murphy and Minteh as average backups.

Edited by Ikon