Felix Nmecha

Jack27

Just now, KDT said:

Can’t link to it but he’s just put a post on his Instagram backtracking on the comments he had made, might be an apology before a move somewhere.

Aren't Dortmund heavily linked in the German press?

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Fywy0kYXsAAPP-M.jpeg

I don't dislike religious people at all.

But I do wonder about their sanity.

To waste the short time that we all have on this planet constantly fantasising about a 'thing' that doesn't exist (so you can feel comfortable and safe) is so very sad for them.

Life is for living, while we have it.

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

To waste the short time that we all have on this planet constantly fantasising about a 'thing' that doesn't exist (so you can feel comfortable and safe) is so very sad for them.

It served a purpose in years gone by to give people a moral compass and to keep people in check. However as usual knackers hijacked it and turned it into a cult.

TBF a short walk around Durham cathedral leaves you in awe with what religion inspired to create for the benefit of everyone.......then you go to York Minster and they charge you £14 to get in.

last year i was round york and there was this woman with a banner up outside york minster where there was some event on and i thought oh great going to be some nutter spouting hate or something but she was protesting the minster holding a gin festival, which while impacts me not at all was the first time saw one of those protesters and thought you know what if i was christian and profoundly attached to the minster as a holyplace i can understand her point of view on that somewhat

Edited by Tiresias

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Just interested if you question the sanity and feel sorry for ASM, Joelinton and Bruno (and many other NUFC players of the past)? I’m pretty sure they are living their best lives.

7 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Just interested if you question the sanity and feel sorry for ASM, Joelinton and Bruno (and many other NUFC players of the past)? I’m pretty sure they are living their best lives.

Of course.

Indoctrination is a very powerful thing, particularly 'lifelong' indoctrination.

It is almost impossible to cure, and those impacted do not know what they are losing by all the time they spend on these things - until it is too late.

18 hours ago, manorpark said:

Of course.

Indoctrination is a very powerful thing, particularly 'lifelong' indoctrination.

It is almost impossible to cure, and those impacted do not know what they are losing by all the time they spend on these things - until it is too late.

If they are losing anything. Whatever your belief system—humanistic value-driven, or one if the established creeds—to some extent they all serve the same purpose. We can’t change our early experiences and the beliefs which stick. People are people, with far more similarities than differences… live and let live. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny