Felix Nmecha

Jack27

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We talk a lot about the right characters. I assume it will be part of the equation.

Given the multitude of backgrounds and religions in football I’m sure there are many who have similar opinions, maybe even some players we love in our team.

To be very clear, not excusing or condoning it. I’m genuinely not sure how it factors in or how all the differences are managed.

Sounds like your are excusing and defending it to me - “it’s ok to employ him because I’m sure there are others”

8 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

I don't think the Pride in that picture has anything to do with the LGBTQ pride, I think it's in reference to one of the 7 deadly sins. I really don't think there's anything homophobic to infer from that, and if you are your probably clutching a bit.

I'm pretty sure the account "reformedbychrist" thinks LGBTQ pride is sin. He's also been sharing Matt Walsh, if you look at the tweet above, which puts it beyond doubt imo.

Edited by JB

1 minute ago, JB said:

I'm pretty sure the account "reformedbychrist" thinks LGBTQ pride is sin. He's also been sharing Matt Walsh, if you look at the tweet above, which puts it beyond doubt imo.

Yeah done more digging and your correct. 

Ffs

When did he share these exciting insta-reels? And did he repent afterwards (in exchange for eternal salvation no doubt)?

I can survive footballers being a bit thick / naive. But I'm not big on massively religious homophobes.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Sounds like your are excusing and defending it to me - “it’s ok to employ him because I’m sure there are others”

Not at all - I’m just saying it’s naive to think there aren’t a fairly significant number of players with awful opinions like this.

I’d prefer we don’t sign anyone who thinks that way.

12 minutes ago, OCK said:

Legit though, if this guy is homophobic, he can fuck off. 

Yep. Very proud to have seen the rainbow flag fly in the Gallowgate and we've seen Wor Flags do displays for Pride Month. We're an inclusive club and should continue to be so, purchasing players who use their social media platform to spread hate would fly in the face of that. 

I mean...should I say it...if he is homophobic then I agree that I don't want it at Newcastle, but it does (or should) stir up a certain cognitive dissonance doesn't it?

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, maybe_next_year said:

Yep. Very proud to have seen the rainbow flag fly in the Gallowgate and we've seen Wor Flags do displays for Pride Month. We're an inclusive club and should continue to be so, purchasing players who use their social media platform to spread hate would fly in the face of that. 

Agreed - I work with two trans and have heard of the shit they have had to put up with. Got no time for it.

I mean... his horrible views are probably shared by the people running the club, sadly.

Seems completely stupid to sign someone who's likely to be a divisive figure in the dressing room though, even if the decision-makers at our club do share his views it seems an unnecessary bad vibe to introduce in order to bring in a slightly more affordable depth midfielder.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean...should I say it...if he is homophobic then I agree that I don't want it at Newcastle, but it does or should stir up a certain cognitive dissonance doesn't it?

Aye.

Is Gueye the only outwardly homophobic player in the league, currently? Or have more of the religious types emerged since then?

I know it might sound hypocritical given the majority owners, but PIF don't openly post stuff like that and have respected the club supporting the LGBT community. I respect everyone having an opinion, religious or otherwise, and their personal beliefs, but if he's going to post that sort of drivel so openly and publicly, I don't want him here. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut