Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

How? Seems like plenty of people are confirming our interest?

Because we’ve reached a stage now where if a journo reports we are interested in a player, who we subsequently don’t sign, that automatically makes him a bullshitter and a fraud.

I mean we are getting mixed signals, I wonder how this has leaked because our-side is usually water tight. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if the player has UK Intermediaries are who are putting his name out. 

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Because we’ve reached a stage now where if a journo reports we are interested in a player, who we subsequently don’t sign, that automatically makes him a bullshitter and a fraud.

To be fair, there's a significant difference between "interested in" and "closing in on". The latter suggesting a deal is advanced.

12 minutes ago, SteV said:

A known baiter of the fanbase purposely positioning the article in a certain way twice in as many days qualifies him for both bullshitter and fraud status.

23 minutes ago, SteV said:

No it’s because he literally said we are close to signing him and in fact we are absolutely nowhere near 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair, there's a significant difference between "interested in" and "closing in on". The latter suggesting a deal is advanced.

If you want to say he’s over-egged, for want of a better phrase, what he’s reported, fair enough, seems that may well be the case. 

However, the fact remains that the basic premise of the story, that we are at least making some kind of attempt to sign him, looks to have been backed up by numerous others, so he isn’t just ‘making it up’.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

No it’s because he literally said we are close to signing him and in fact we are absolutely nowhere near 

I don't like Edwards as much as the next guy, but we don't actually know that for sure, for all we know he may be close, it just comes down to you own biases as to who you believe, and until Edwards mentioned it, literally no-one knew a thing about it, so he has to get at least some credit imo.

3 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Edwards knew exactly how he was wording that tweet.. the guy is a grade A pillock.

He may well be a grade A pillock, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious he’s the journo with the best placed sources, at least out of the local lot. 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

He may well be a grade A pillock, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious he’s the journo with the best placed sources, at least out of the local lot. 

Has he? Not sure about that. 

Would place the athletic lot over him personally. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Has he? Not sure about that. 

Would place the athletic lot over him personally. 

Not in terms, of breaking transfers surely? 

Caulkin and Waugh virtually never do that. 

Agree Caulkin probably has the best contacts in other aspects though.

Just now, SteV said:

Not in terms, of breaking transfers surely? 

Caulkin and Waugh virtually never do that. 

Agree Caulkin probably has the best contacts in other aspects though.

I mean they don’t attach themselves to numerous names. Edwards is a clout chaser who I doubt has any sources within the club at least. 

But lets see how it plays out, if any of these two signings he’s mentioned 2 days into the window comes off he’s clearly on to something. :thup:

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Suppose it depends if you prefer a journalist who jumps the gun on the regular and makes up misleading headlines, or one who waits for more concrete information.

Fair enough.

But we can’t have it both ways. We’re all super-thirsty for any bit of transfer news, but at the same time we want it to come with cast-iron guarantees.

It’s not been corroborated anywhere else though has it? Other journos are just quoting the Edwards piece as far as I can see.

Not denying we may have an interest but no one else is saying we are in talks or are ‘closing in’ are they? 

Just now, SteV said:

Fair enough.

But we can’t have it both ways. We’re all super-thirsty for any bit of transfer news, but at the same time we want it to come with cast-iron guarantees.

It’s the way he’s worded it that’s the issue though. Fair enough he called Barella interest before anyone, but to say we are closing in on signing him seems to be massively wrong. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

It’s not been corroborated anywhere else though has it? Other journos are just quoting the Edwards piece as far as I can see.

Not denying we may have an interest but no one else is saying we are in talks or are ‘closing in’ are they? 

No, I wouldn’t say anyone has corroborated that’s it’s as far advanced as he suggested, and as I said, it’s probably fair to say he’s over-egged it.

But the fact that something is at least happening with regards to it has been corroborated. 

Edited by SteV