Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

Is there something about him being from Sardinia that makes it less likely that he’d move? Seen that implied a few times and I’m missing the connection.

Mackem stronghold.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah if he goes elsewhere, we'll still sign a top player and it beats the hell out the days when we were losing out on the likes of Gomis and Bony to Swansea. 

Just felt a weird pang of nostalgic pain there.

Christ, the Ashley era was depressing. 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

@Froggy were you saying your inter supporting mate’s opinion is that Barella is a bad egg/not liked in the dressing room? 

He obviously hasn't a clue, it's just based off reports in Italy and because of a few things that happened on the pitch. Could be true, could be nonsense.

Just now, Froggy said:

He obviously hasn't a clue, it's just based off reports in Italy and because of a few things that happened on the pitch. Could be true, could be nonsense.

:thup: oh ok. I was always hoping we'd sign Lorenzo Pelligrini but i've always assumed top-end Italian midfielders just stay in Italy and play for the same 3-4 clubs :lol: ... Italian life seems ACE

45 minutes ago, Kanji said:

:thup: oh ok. I was always hoping we'd sign Lorenzo Pelligrini but i've always assumed top-end Italian midfielders just stay in Italy and play for the same 3-4 clubs :lol: ... Italian life seems ACE

You can't compare the cities of Roma and Milão with Newcastle. Not even 200k p/w will be enough to convince him.

3 minutes ago, cranna said:

You can't compare the cities of Roma and Milão with Newcastle. Not even 200k p/w will be enough to convince him.

Ravanelli swapped European champions Juventus and Turin for Middlesbrough once upon a time.

Money talks - always has.  

Guest dazzanufc1892
59 minutes ago, cranna said:

Eto'o left the great city of Milan and the glory of Inter for Anzhi in Russia. This point nullifies any argument

1 hour ago, cranna said:

Milan’s shit pal. The Italian Peterlee (if Peterlee had a fashion week).

Eranio and Baiano from Milan and Florence to Derby

Ravanelli, Festa and Branca from Turin and Milan to Middlesbrough

Santon from Milan to Ashley ran NUFC

Sereni from Genoa to Ipswich

Silenzi from Turin to Nottingham

Di Canio managed Sunderland ffs

There's no way a club in the champions league with a boat-load of money can compete with that.

Cant believe there are people that still don't think money is by far the most important factor and always has been when players have been coming to English footbal and every rinkydink club and town you can think of for decades.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Teslact said:

This thread has me reminiscing about Stella Pizza that was in the alley behind Worswick Street bus station.

You’re going to have to give us more than that, man! Did they have a Sardinian Spesh Pizza (The Stellar Barella)?

Barella is already on 150k a week and the tax situation is more generous for professional athletes than it is in the UK. To give a significant salary increase you are looking at probably 250k+ a week. We are not at that stage of offering those kind of wages and even if we are I don't think it's a good idea to use money only as main convincing point. It's why I don't think this is ever going to be a goer personally (in addition to the fact Inter will want a decent bit more than £50 million).

9 minutes ago, christ said:

Milan’s shit pal. The Italian Peterlee (if Peterlee had a fashion week).

Milan is a great city to live as a footballer. Passionate footballing city, but not fanatical and oppressive to the degree where you can't go out and about. Great food/culture/nightlife, can live outside the city and have easy access to the lakes etc. 

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

Italian lads do tend to be a bit more dependent on their mammies than most nationalities, must be said :lol:

Exactly. And their nonnas.

Probably already begrudges having had to move from Sardinia to Milan, nevermind upping sticks to northern England.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ravanelli swapped European champions Juventus and Turin for Middlesbrough once upon a time.

Money talks - always has.  

Debate over. Turin can't even hold a candle to Middlesbrough which would be voted amongst the top 5 shittest towns to live in England. Newcastle would be like Barcelona in comparison.

Now some bright spark will be claiming Barca is a shithole no doubt, but let's keep it on track eh?