Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

17 minutes ago, hakka said:

I blocked Luke Edwards a long time ago and told people here to do the same. He's a negative, contradictory and fan base baiting wind up merchant. Of course some of his tweets will be directionally correct at times, but life is much better ignoring the mega arsehole.

Yet this forum spends literally billions of hours talking about him :(

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I'm not sure about the whole idea of talks being made public having a massively adverse effect on a potential deal.

Surely if he is available Inter and his agent will have made sure to get the word out there to the top clubs around Europe? They're not going to leave lots of money on the table to keep negotiations secret just so that we think they're sound.

Yes, there are clubs out there that can blow us out of the water on wages and transfer fee if they want this guy. However, that's ultimately a small number of clubs and if we do get him I think it'll be because those clubs either didn't need a CM this summer or else they had other targets they preferred for one reason or another.

It’s clearly been leaked at the NUFC end.  It’s NE journalists breaking the story, not Italian journalists or London ones.  It just makes the club look unprofessional when it’s so clearly an internal leak

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s an oddball.  He posts like a teenager on Facebook.  Trolling and then talking about downtime from posting.  You’re an adult ffs, you glakey get

It’s always about him. He likes to make sure he gets all the attention. Just a desperate needy cunt.

Wonder if this is being made public to pressure Leicester into accepting a lower fee for Maddison?

Was hoping for some doubling down by the local journos on Barella today like but there’s been nowt. 

The problem is people want to believe him when it is positive news but then disbelieve him when the news is negative.

I’ve deliberately avoided posting in this thread or getting my hopes up about any deal due to it being a Luke Edwards story, in the same way that I don’t get upset when he talks about small budgets etc.

The bloke is a massive bellend. Ignore him.

Having re-read the article, and ignoring the headline, he doesn’t actually say it’s close. 

This paragraph is probably the bit where he attempts to sum what the situation is:

5A0A8344-D96D-4CD9-BEDC-D166E64CC9C7.thumb.jpeg.b4abaa81eba059b8d4b52e28f13f7497.jpeg

I cant see this one happening. I dont like Edwards at all but I dont think he's winding folk up. Clearly, he's heard that we've made an enquiry for Barella, whether thats through his agent or Inter and wed be willing to spend 50m. Thats very much believable, Barella fits what we need. The Telegraph have put the word 'close' in there to generate attention and clicks and it makes it look a lot further along than what it is. The 'player will need to be convinced' line is doing heavy lifting akin to that of Ronnie Coleman. There's no suggesting we've agreed a fee, or any suggestion that the player has any interest in coming. Feel like this will go quiet as like the vast majority of enquiries we make about players.

I'd be surprised if he wants to come here, Sicillian born and playing for the CL finalists. I certainly hope we dont throw money at him in an attempt to convince. We need players who want to be here. Mind, he might well fancy it and if he does, that would be unreal. 

10 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The problem is people want to believe him when it is positive news but then disbelieve him when the news is negative.

I’ve deliberately avoided posting in this thread or getting my hopes up about any deal due to it being a Luke Edwards story, in the same way that I don’t get upset when he talks about small budgets etc.

The bloke is a massive bellend. Ignore him.

Its basically this - but fans get excited and retweet/post his shite when its something they want to happen. Look at his track record since takeover has gone through - its horrific for a "respected" journo.

Imagine constantly talking about "you've had wine" How's this idiot still in a job honestly.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I cant see this one happening. I dont like Edwards at all but I dont think he's winding folk up. Clearly, he's heard that we've made an enquiry for Barella, whether thats through his agent or Inter and wed be willing to spend 50m. Thats very much believable, Barella fits what we need. The Telegraph have put the word 'close' in there to generate attention and clicks and it makes it look a lot further along than what it is. The 'player will need to be convinced' line is doing heavy lifting akin to that of Ronnie Coleman. There's no suggesting we've agreed a fee, or any suggestion that the player has any interest in coming. Feel like this will go quiet as like the vast majority of enquiries we make about players.

I'd be surprised if he wants to come here, Sicillian born and playing for the CL finalists. I certainly hope we dont throw money at him in an attempt to convince. We need players who want to be here. Mind, he might well fancy it and if he does, that would be unreal. 

Sardinian not Sicilian.

But otherwise I think pretty accurate.

Is there something about him being from Sardinia that makes it less likely that he’d move? Seen that implied a few times and I’m missing the connection.

Edited by Deuce

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Listen fellas, just sit back and enjoy the ride. Whether we get Barella or not we're still gonna buy class players and we're still gonna be class next season

Yeah if he goes elsewhere, we'll still sign a top player and it beats the hell out the days when we were losing out on the likes of Gomis and Bony to Swansea. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t get how he can say a 75 million budget and then mention Barella, the two don’t fit together.

It's the 'with scope to push to £100m' that gets me. That could at least get you two top class players or 3 very good ones. 

8 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Is there something about him being from Sardinia that it makes it less likely that he’d move? Seen that fact mentioned a few times and I’m missing the connection.

Its probably a generalisation but players from Southern Europe particularly Italy are less likely to want to move to the North East of England. Its just so wildly different (especially if you're from Sardinia) and there's less pull given that Inter are a massive club and you dont have to move from Italy. Its not the same as South Americans who basically have to play in Europe. I think there's a reason why Italian success stories in the PL are few and far between. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

49 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Fuck me, the usability of anything by The Mirror Group in iOS is just appalling.