Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

Only thing which gives me a glimmer of hope is that we are an exciting project, and he might just fancy playing at St James in front of the most fanatical supporters bar none. It is something which resonates with real footballers.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Only thing which gives me a glimmer of hope is that we are an exciting project, and he might just fancy playing at St James in front of the most fanatical supporters bar none. It is something which resonates with real footballers.

He definitely has that dawg in him.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/mhardysport/status/1669081391386984450

Barella one of a long list of midfielders being tracked by Newcastle. A long way to go but they like him.

"Newcastle United are keen on signing the Inter Milan midfielder Nicolò Barella as they prepare for their Champions League return next season.

Newcastle officials are working on a bid in excess of £50 million for Barella, who played in his side’s Champions League final defeat by Manchester City on Saturday.

Senior sources have indicated that there is still a long way to go before a transfer is concluded for the 26-year-old. Barella, who has 43 Italy caps, is on international duty for his side’s Nations League semi-final with Spain in the Netherlands on Thursday."

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone think Luke is just on a wind up?

Off on his holiday. Going big and early does him no harm at all. It's a decent exclusive and if he's correct, him and McGrath have broke it. If he's wrong people will continue to engage with him regardless, whether its to stroke his ego or call him a bald cunt. 

Makes too much sense to be fake news. He is exactly the type of midfielder that really fits Howes tactics. He is the world class version of Longstaff. 

I just doubt Inter would let him go for that little. It should be close to 80m

What would this signing be the equivalent to? Keegan signing in the 80’s or not as big?

Either way, I see people on twitter writing us off with this but we’re in the CL and one of the most exciting projects in football. Why can’t it happen?

The PIF were reportedly interested in buying Inter, and given that the club is debt-ridden, that may be the only route out of their troubles. So maybe the PiF have said that it would help if Inter could flog us their best player at mates' rates, to sweeten the deal?

Just a thought. We do seem to be punching above our weight with this one.

35 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone think Luke is just on a wind up?

Think he’s half on the wind up half jumped the gun. He’s heard the name linked and made out it’s far more along that it is or ever likely to be 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/status/1669092683300720641

A lot of complete nonsense in the mainstream media today. For multiple clubs. You’re intelligent enough to know the ones I’m talking about.

I can’t blame them for trying. The window is officially open and it’s an opportunity for clicks, views and whatever else. It’s nonsense.

How would this random ITK twitter account know?

That's truly the epitome of ITK posts. Sounds specific and like it's coming from a place of knowledge but vague enough to not actually refer to anything at all. Whatever happens, he can claim to have been right. Brilliant work.