Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

what’s a pivot never mind a double pivot man? Why can’t he just say we’re signing someone class

I thought double pivot was a pretty common term at this point?

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

what’s a pivot never mind a double pivot man? Why can’t he just say we’re signing someone class

Was half listening to a podcast earlier where they were saying Mbappe doesn’t want to play as a central pivot. Just say striker. Fucking football hipsters

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If you're not showing your Football IQ off on twitter, why do you even spend 14 hours a day online. 

31 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Really hope he's joining for the right reasons and isn't being pushed into it. If it's true. I's a good move if he has the drive and professionalism to reach the top.

It's not if Milan are pushing him into it for financial reasons or he just can't turn down the money. Not that this has been suggested, I'm just scarred by the likes of Luque and Thauvain. 

Encouraged by reports about his willingness to join however

Same tbh.

Just got to trust that the people in place at the club now are proper people doing a proper job as opposed to the fucking chancers that ignored the massive red flags and lured Thauvin in.

Edited by geordiesteve710

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There's no way we're offering him more than what's being discussed for Bruno's new deal. It would also be weird to blow away whatever Isak is on.

Italian sources have every reason to spin this as a "he's moving for the money" type deal. I'm confident we're significantly increasing his pay but we're not going north of £200k IMO.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How do you know he isn't happy to take this opportunity?  

If he's as driven professionally as he is he is on the pitch, hell want to win it all. He might well feel, having already won Serie A, that there's not much more he can do at 4th favourites for the title Milan.

It represents a good opportunity, potential to win something even or, probably what he's thinking, stepping stone onto the world's true elite by playing in the best league.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but for ambitious footballers, there's more to their career aspirations than playing for the club they support, we know all about that. 

I'm a guest here, I think you're underrating Milan and our prospects for silverware too much. Enjoy Tonali, he's a wonderful player.

According to multiple places his current salary is £4m/year (gross, btw) or £77k/wk. Putting him on something like £150k/week with some bonuses seems about right. Reports that are significantly higher than that are almost certainly wrong.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Add ins often there to help selling club’s position the sale to the fans. For all we know 10m of the add ons might be related to him winning the Balon Dor or something. 

They can say 80m but we know it’s closer to 60m

I’m going to be furious if he wins the Balon Dor and we end up breaching FFP.

5 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

The £100m is obviously bollocks, if Tonali is around £60m we probably have enough to get a decent full back in at best.

Yeah I think 3 quality signings - this lad (or similar type of player, an attacking midfielder/winger and a left back. Then wheeling and dealing for others and depending on sales 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

what Adam driver would look like if his nose wasn’t so big and his mouth wasn’t so wide. 

I was thinking a better version of the nerd on Die Hard 4.0 (and other films I haven't seen) ish