Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Lemon version of this is god-tier.

Lemon version’s not so bad. We picked a batch of both up at Costco the other day. Knew I wouldn’t be keen on the orange, but thought I’d try it. gotta say i’d prefer a cherry coke or Dr Pepper like :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Lemon version’s not so bad. We picked a batch of both up at Costco the other day. Knew I wouldn’t be keen on the orange, but thought I’d try it. gotta say i’d prefer a cherry coke or Dr Pepper like :lol: 

You gotta get the full sugar pure poison variety. That 'tastefully light' is off putting.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Whew lad. Now I can't speak for the tastefully light variety but if we're having a go at san pellegrinos, no no no sir no sir indeed.

Tastefully light version is the gimped sugar tax version. It's not the proper thing, nor is it the cancerous diet version. Don't know what the point of it is. 

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

“There’s a strategy in place,” the senior figure says. “It’s not random. We will go for big players but the price has to make sense and it’s all about what our needs are. At no point do we have the intention of making a statement signing. The intention is to get the right player, the right character, the right position, the right fit.“

A timely reminder for those who keep banging on about statement signings…

“A case in point: Declan Rice. While Howe and Newcastle are full of admiration for the England midfielder, who is joining Arsenal from West Ham United, they are not yet at the stage where they can pay £100million-plus and a weekly wage of more than £200,000 for a single player, who wants “all the bells and whistles”. Their approach from day one has been to develop and grow, develop and grow.

The hope is that Tonali can be “as good as Rice, maybe better, but “we’d rather do it this way. We want to be No 1, but in the right way; smart, sustainable, different to everyone else. We’re not spending Manchester United, Manchester City or Arsenal money.”

If this is the mentality in 20 years the toons will be regular contenders in the EPL and the CL.

With the money the Toons have and with that aproach, in 5 years CL football will be just business at st james park.

(My club in brazil has been doing it with this kind of philosophy  since 95, coming from a small club to one of the biggest clubs in brazil in this period and without heavy funding behind it.)

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Can you name the previous 3 Italian players to have played for us

One of them is a doozy

Santon, Pistone and that LB we had who made 1 substitute appearance on loan under Benitez? Weird signing. Can't remember his name. Could include Giuseppe Rossi as well.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Santon, Pistone and that LB we had who made 1 substitute appearance on loan under Benitez? Weird signing. Can't remember his name. Could include Giuseppe Rossi as well.

Antonio Barreca 🥳

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Antonio Barreca was the name. Legend.