Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

15 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Surprised more players don't live near the coast. Have seen the Longstaffs & Anderson knocking about before as you'd expect and Rob Elliott is a regular around Tynemouth Front Street.

The proper Rob Elliott or that sychophantic pardew arse winnet?

12 minutes ago, Stal said:

The proper Rob Elliott or that sychophantic pardew arse winnet?

The latter. His family stayed up here even after he moved on from us and now he's doing some kind of role at Gateshead.

Pretty sure he lives on Beverley Terrace in Cullercoats.

18 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The latter. His family stayed up here even after he moved on from us and now he's doing some kind of role at Gateshead.

Pretty sure he lives on Beverley Terrace in Cullercoats.

Yep - he does.

53 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ve boycotted Greggs on principle. Bar-stewards don’t do stotties anywhere outside the North East 🤷‍♂️

A mate of mine does as well but that’s based on one of the hierarchy being a nonce 🙂

1 hour ago, Big River said:

I absolutely love the fact he’s getting out and about :lol: it’s a good sign of his character. the lad is only 22 and can’t speak the language, yet he’s probably already seen more of the north east than some of our previous players.

there’s so much to like about what we’re building here, on and off the pitch.

I get the impression, from Insta, that his lass is dragging him around everywhere tbf. [emoji38] Love it though. I don't remember many players being this visible in the region after signing.

15 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Sandro's GF seems to be putting in some effort. Lass has some determination to fit in. Walking dogs in the pissing down rain, visiting random pubs here and there and the sea-side. She is the anti WAG!!

Absolutely love it, embracing everything, seems the best way to settle into new surroundings quickly.

Trippier said in that video that it was important for Tonali's lass to settle quickly and it will be a big help to Tonali, and she seems to be making every effort, both of them seem good humans, lovely to see.

18 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Sandro's GF seems to be putting in some effort. Lass has some determination to fit in. Walking dogs in the pissing down rain, visiting random pubs here and there and the sea-side. She is the anti WAG!!

She seems like a proper trooper like, from what I've heard she's really friendly and bubbly as well. Exactly what you want when you have a player coming over from a different culture, a partner who's supportive and enthusiastic about the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

She seems like a proper trooper like, from what I've heard she's really friendly and bubbly as well. Exactly what you want when you have a player coming over from a different culture, a partner who's supportive and enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Wor lass is like that. Gets right on me tits. Always positive, chirpy, wanting to do this that and the filucking other. Paint this wall, hang that picture, dig that raised bed. Upbeat cunt

Honestly when I translate most of the Milan fans comments on Tonalis insta most of them are sad/emotional rather than angry, and many of them still seem to support him. That's a lot of contrast from certain british clubs, where if their star player left to a richer club they would be fuming and hating on him forever. I'm a bit surprised because I expected him to get a lot of stick from Milan fans for a good while.

Edited by Erikse

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Wor lass is like that. Gets right on me tits. Always positive, chirpy, wanting to do this that and the filucking other. Paint this wall, hang that picture, dig that raised bed. Upbeat cunt

A case of birds of a feather flock together? Or opposites attract? 😂 

19 hours ago, vicente_14 said:

The slick, two touch way he plays and passes, such beauty in that.

Works so well the way we play too, keeps the play flowing and the tempo high.

Perfect for our team and system.

It's for this reason I just don't feel nervous about any player we bring in regardless of what I thought of the player before they joined us. 

100% faith in the decision makers. 

Such a strange feeling after how we were ran for over a decade. 

5 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Yeah it is, so it can be hard to fact check.

Also a lot of people don't realise is that many more match reports are being created by AI now.

Ryder's match reports might actually become readable in that case.

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

Honestly when I translate most of the Milan fans comments on Tonalis insta most of them are rather sad/emotional rather than angry, and many of them still seem to support him. That's a lot of contrast from certain british clubs, where if their star player left to a richer club they would be fuming and hating on him forever. I'm a bit surprised because I expected him to get a lot of stick from Milan fans for a good while.

I think it has a lot to do with how the player left. It's clear Tonali wasn't asking for the move this summer but his club preferred to have the coin instead of his services, no point in being angry at the boyhood fan for leaving in those circumstances.

I never wished anything good for players that used us as a stepping stone like Sissoko and Gini (Ashley-era and all that but still) but always cheered on players I liked that were forced out or naturally moved on to bigger things like Ayoze, HBA or now ASM. Same for Carroll after he left Liverpool because fuck Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, Pata said:

I think it has a lot to do with how the player left. It's clear Tonali wasn't asking for the move this summer but his club preferred to have the coin instead of his services, no point in being angry at the boyhood fan for leaving in those circumstances.

I never wished anything good for players that used us as a stepping stone like Sissoko and Gini (Ashley-era and all that but still) but always cheered on players I liked that were forced out or naturally moved on to bigger things like Ayoze, HBA or now ASM. Same for Carroll after he left Liverpool because fuck Liverpool.

Good point. Although what's the big difference between the Ayoze move and say the Sissoko move? I feel like they both just wanted to play for a better team in the end. And honestly I can totally see why Wijnaldum wanted to swap out Championship for the Champions League.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Good point. Although what's the big difference between the Ayoze move and say the Sissoko move? I feel like they both just wanted to play for a better team in the end. And honestly I can totally see why Wijnaldum wanted to swap out Championship for the Champions League.

It's my personal opinion but never really warmed to Sissoko or Gini and we got relegated before their big moves (only season in Gini's case). Obviously the moves made sense for them but I wasn't feeling happy or proud when I was watching them in the CL final. Ayoze endured a lot of crap during his long tenure here and never let us down, thought he deserved to get out to a real club at that point.

Both sissoko and wijnaldum seemed to down tools very quickly. It felt particularly with gini he very rarely showed his quality and still got his dream move to champions League while we went down. I have more time for sissoko since he did a more reasonable stint and put in some good performances but that season we went down the squad was perfectly capable of being midtable if half of them had given a damn

Edited by Tiresias